Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

HELP WITH JETTING & ADDING PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 02:15 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Chicago, I just added a 02 Raptor to my toy collection. The problem is I ordered a Big Gun exhaust and I am not sure how to rejet it. Does it need to be done for sure after I add the pipe? Also does it really help to cut holes in the top of the air box. I am sure this like my other toys can get to be excessive in terms of cost. Right now I just want a few mods to make it a little quicker and a little easier to ride(ie. maybe a lowering kit, gets a little tricky in short turns)

Any help or suggestions would be a great help

Old 04-05-2002, 02:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yes you will need to rejet. I would recomend a Dynojet stage 2 kit their recomendations are real close & the diffrent design jets & needles add more power themselves (The K&N kit is the same thing & is usually cheaper). To jet, get a Yamaha factory service manual (About $50 & $15 for the 02 update) follow the instructions & it's not hard, I did mine in about 2hrs the first time now it takes less than an hour. I put 5-1" holes in mine with univent filters in it. But there are a lot of diffrent opinions on this but mine is leave the lid on.

A lowering kit is not a good idean if you jump. A wider axle or even axle spacers are a better Idea.

You should also think about replacing your stock filter setup with a Pro Flow adaptor & filter. It's a much better design.

Since this is your first post you may want to lookaround & do some searches, this is a quick way to see what has been said on your topic before.

Enjoy your Raptor & ride safe!

Old 04-06-2002, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

I put the "e" series on my raptor, took off the snorkle (big difference) and went up two sizes on my jetting. I also put in the K&N filter with outerwear. I'm not sure if I really like the way the K&N just lays in there. If I could do it over, I would probably go with the pro-flow like "Moose" suggested. But everything works great. You do not need to spend the extra money on a head pipe. The stocky works just fine. I would not recommend cutting into the air box either, just take off the snorkle