Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR vs 400 problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2002, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if you dont have very much mid range than you must have skipped some of the regular maintanance and that it isn't performing like it should. I'm almost posotive that that is your problem because I remember in another post that you said that you have a bunch of dents in your wheels and you had a vapor lock problem and then you had the broken frame rail (which has to be your fault. 4strokemadman said it wouldn't be a problem so that means you focked the rail up) so all in all, you are rough on your machine. Now I know that sport machines are supposed to take a lot of hard riding, but there is a fine line between hard riding and abuse and buddy... you've crossed that line. Not even the all mighty Honda can take all that crap.

Old 04-21-2002, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

i rode my first raptor today.bone stock from yamaha. i dont care what you ride or own so my opinion is neutral. THAT THING FLIES!!! it did not handle as well as my 400 but is a blast. it reminds me of a 4 stroke banshee. there were a few problems with the quad, but i am not familiar with yamahas quality.all in all its an awesome ride!!

Old 04-21-2002, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

boiling gas was a recall, dealer is fixing that next time i bring it in. many people have dents in their rims, i remember you even bent you back rim. didn't you also bend your a-arm? my bike was broken in by a dealer, and i change the oil every 1-3 rides and the fuel filter too.

Old 04-21-2002, 02:14 AM
Pro Rider

A friend of YoDaddy's(not me) hit a stump and bent the wheel. YoDaddy grew some pubes the other day and went for a triple, but didnt make it all the way and bent an a-arm. I would be glad to buy your Cannondale from you if you could make the triple he almost did.

Old 04-21-2002, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

You know what corndog, your stories don't seem to match up. Your dealer broke it in for you? I thought you said you bought it used. And yeah, I bent my a-arm (a little) because I actually do some REAL riding. Try takin your dale (if you even have one) to the mx track and see whats up. None of those little Pu$$y @ss jumps that you do. I used to be scared of this triple at one track I ride at but then I just said fock it and tried jumpin it, well unfortunately I had the wrong gear and I came up short. I slightly bent my a-arm, I bent the right side of my handle bars, and I sprained my wrist. ****, that hit would have bent any stock a-arm.

DANG... I forgot that I"m not gonna reply to this idiots posts any more. Oh well, that was my last one.

Old 04-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Trailblazer

i say that the next time cornh0le posts a message, we just dont say anything to him at all, ignore him and reply to the other ppl on the thread. whaddaya say guys?

Old 04-21-2002, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

so since i bought it used that means the dealer can't have broken it in? LOL! i called a guy about an fx400 and he had 8 hours on it and had not changed the oil once! i made sure the bike i bought had been broken in, and this guy said the dealer did it for him.(mine does it too)

Old 04-22-2002, 01:47 PM
RIP Dear Friend

CornDog,
How many sparkplugs does your cannondale have?

Chet

Old 04-22-2002, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

lonestar,
maybe you should look more carefully before you say that i brought up the c-dale deal next time.......

<< cannondale may not be the best one out but it is way better than a tippy, heavy, unreliable, and just decent handling raptor. >>

that post was by the infamous CornDog , exactly 2 posts up from mine, meaning that it was before mine and looks like to me that while he isnt visciously attacking the raptor, he is still comparing it to his c-dale and bashing the raptor.

Old 04-22-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Or, you could jump up a few more posts, then you would find ShaK saying..

no, your mower... i mean &quot;cannondale&quot; or so you would say you have...

CornDog was just returning a little friendly bashing. Roosts on you.

Quick Reply: RAPTOR vs 400 problem?