Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Wolverine and Kodiak are being discontinued!! [As we know them]

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 12:28 AM
The Facility
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Confirmed today by our Yamaha sales rep.

The Kodiak and Wolverine are being replaced this Fall with either newer versions of both OR one model to take the place of both machines.

No details have been given [even to him] on what the new machine[s] are, but all reps were told about the change to make their dealers aware so to not overstock the smaller guys and to give discounts on the Wolverine.[None for the Kodiak...they are low in quanity already]

If anyone is looking to buy a Wolverine, and are happy with how it's built right now, NOW would be the time to buy and grab a great deal.

Old 04-27-2002, 01:28 AM
Pro Rider

Good! I can't wait to see what is coming. I was going to get a Wolverine this fall for the muddy poker runs and hunting. Looks like I'll wait and see what they have up their sleeve! I'll be at Yamaha down in Georgia next month....I'll have to do some digging..... :-) They do make the Kodiak there, so I might be able to find out something.

Old 04-27-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

you sure do knowalot [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

think my wolvy will be worth more now?

If anyone wants it, they better get it know while it is cheap [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2002, 02:33 AM
The Facility

jcv, please do the digging while you're there. My rep was clueless[pretending??] on what the new model[s] are. I asked him about the rumor of a new Kodiak with IRS and he said he has heard the same thing within Yamaha, but nothing from the people there who are in the "know".

His opinion on it was that maybe Yamaha's new Kodiak is more sport oriented like the Grizzly and will likely take the place of both the Wolverine and Kodiak, but that was just his thoughts on the subject. He said he wouldn't know till about a month before the official release as to the exact details on what it is. Oh...speaking of which....Yamaha didn't give him a date on a release.

Old 04-27-2002, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

do you think i could get more money for a trade in on a kodiak?

Old 04-27-2002, 10:48 PM
Pro Rider

I do like the engine in the Kodiak, seems like there is some hidden power there. I hope they do base it on that engine, maybe some cam/carb work. It's alot better than the Big Bear engine. I'll let you know what I come up with. I'll be going down the week of the 20th.

Old 04-28-2002, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider

hmmmmmmm, maybe nows the time to sell.......

Old 04-28-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Make sure to let us know as soon as possible!!!!

I have family buying/looking for bikes! We now have 4 in the bro's and sis's and i hope to have 9 bikes with them by summer's end [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

My bro-in-law sure was disappointed in his purchase. He bought the Big Bear. Not that it is a bad bike, just that i spoiled him with the griz for two weeks before he got his...hehehe

He is already talking about getting a bigger/auto bike now! He likes the bike more and more as he rides it. I see why the price difference in bikes though....TOTALLY different in handling and performance!

Jonathan

Old 10-16-2003, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wolverine and Kodiak are being discontinued!! [As we know them]

Well, this didnt turn out to be exactly true, did it? Yes, they did change the Kodiak but the wolv is still the same ole great quad it always has been. Just ran into this post and thought I'd kick some life into it.

Old 10-16-2003, 07:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Wolverine and Kodiak are being discontinued!! [As we know them]

Wow, talk about an old thread. I saw this pop into my inbox and thought it was something new that was emailed to me. Mines still for sale anyway. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Wolverine and Kodiak are being discontinued!! [As we know them]