Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Kids running infront of me (they think its funny!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<

Where did the &quot;copguy&quot; come from in your screen name?? Just wondering.
>>

me?

Old 04-27-2002, 10:06 PM
The Facility

No...I was referring to &quot;copguy02foremanS&quot;.

Why would someone referring to himself as being a cop not know that he is asking for more trouble regarding this than the kids causing a ruckous?

The Police would be on the case of the OHV on a public road and care less about the way people are acting towards him when he does it.

Old 04-28-2002, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

There should be a &quot;KIDS&quot; forum on this board. I cant believe what some people are saying....

Do NOT shoot at someone, BB or bullet, unless they are threatening your life. It's not even funny.

As far as your problem goes...STOP your bike/ATV/car and try talking to the kids. It would amaze you if you used some common sense, talked politely but &quot;stern&quot;. Let them know that it isnt a game. That you MAY not be able to swerve or stop and they may be injured or even worse....KILLED. If that fails, try talking with the parents and the kids present. Inform the parents of what is happening and that you are (WORRIED) that someone might get hurt. MOST OF ALL, be NICE! Being an *** will only offend whoever you are talking too. EVEN when they are being rude, hold your ground and stay polite. After that, and the problem still isnt corrected, then go to the police. See if an officer will go with you to the house in question, and speek with the parents/kids. Make sure that you are present so they know that it is a serious issue and that you are not just being a tattle tail. If you are there with them, it makes things a little more informal.

Most of all, (no matter what your age is)....GROW UP. Remember, there are kids and others that would take what you do/say and may try the same thing. All that would be accomplished is giving ATV'rs a bad rap. We really dont need anymore &quot;hate'rs&quot; amongst us.

Jonathan

Old 04-28-2002, 08:00 AM
Pro Rider

I can't believe someone actually does that! Must be on drugs!

I say you get a 357 Magnum &amp; fill it with blanks... watch them run &amp; scream [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-28-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

go spin donuts in their yard.

Old 04-28-2002, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider

you should use a paintball gun, or a potatoe launcer they arent real guns, but they still hurt like hell. i am 15 and i have never heard of anything as stupid as running in front of a car/dirtbike/ATV in my life.

get a paintball gun and shoot the bastards

Old 04-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

the donuts thing would be a good idea only if it was spitting rocks in those kids faces.

Old 04-28-2002, 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

BB gun = jail
Potatoe gun = jail
donuts in yard = jail
paintball gun = jail

You could try talking to their parents, but if these kids do this crap all the time it means their parents probably don't care. Just be sure you make it known either way incase something happens where you don't have the ability to swerve out of the way and you hit one of these(out of control) kids, you wont be as liable.

Old 04-28-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider

I go with moose.....get some 15 or 16 year olds to kick their a$$es.
Pay em 20 bucks and they'll do anything.

Icav

Old 04-28-2002, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

I was going to be a cop, i mean, i thought i was going to be a cop... but i decided in this world, theres not enough money in the job and im likely to get shot. I was thinking about becoming a cop, being a cop, last month was all i was thinking about besides quads. Im not going to be a cop anymore. When I get my grizzly, im changing my screen name.

Quick Reply: Kids running infront of me (they think its funny!)