Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best ATV Accessory is...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< It's too bad, you picked the right quads, but the wrong truck. The V-10 Ford does not have enough ***** to get out of it's own way to prevent from getting run over by the Chevy 8.1 V8 or my Duramax V-8.

Good quads, but a try-to-be truck. Certainly not a Coyboy Cadillac by any stretch. Everyone knows there is only one of those and todays turbo diesel's don't smoke either, just eat gas jobs for lunch.

Have a great day and watch out for those black trucks.
>>

any truck NOT made by GM is a good truck [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 06:25 PM
Range Rover

Hey Jack, it's a good thing that you like your trucks, and he is happy with his. Way to try and flame the guy because he likes his truck![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 06:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

We have a F-450 quaad cab on order for a work truck, should be here by July. The V-10 is a pretty strong motor. We chose it over the power stroke for a few reasons; it was a $4,000 option, the motor would by far out last the truck as ours will never see much pavement, and who wants to listen to that loud CLACKCLACKING all day long. Congrats on your new purchase.

PS I am a Dodge fan myself.

Old 05-02-2002, 07:16 PM
Trailblazer

Nice truck. Another happy Ford owner, that is no surprise. The best atv accessory is definetly a good skid plate, i know my DG have save me a headache many times.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer

I know alot of folks that work at the plant in Kentucky
that makes the same truck. They are great trucks Thanks for
supporting Ford.
Its a shame some trucks are made in Mexico.
Do you know what plant your truck was built fourlix?

Old 05-02-2002, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey I like GM motors, real ones anyway. It's the crappy transmissions that drove me over to Ford after blowing two trannies in my Yukon and another one in my half-ton Pickup. The overdrive 700 GM tranny is notorious as a POS, especially when it comes to towing. As far as your Isuzu Diesel and Allison tranny goes, well, good luck. I think you're going to need it.
A big block chevy with a turbo 400 tranny is a rig I can respect in the morning, but these new Chevys do not impress me at all. Everything at GM went downhill after '95. The SuperDuty Fords have an unequaled track record for durability and reliability, and I think the V-10 is way cool, sticking two extra cylinders on their new OHC V-8 was brilliant, and enough power for me. My camper, trailer, quads and stuff only weighs 5,000 lbs. A half-ton should be able to pull it, but a chevy can't. A Ford half-ton could have done the job, but at this point I want OVERKILL! speaking of killing..
If looks could kill, The SuperDutys would be the only trucks left on the road! The new Chevys and the Dodge look like leftover meatloaf compared to the awesome styling of the SuperDutys.
Stick that in your Isuzu and smoke it!

Old 05-03-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

knowsalot you need gravle to smoke your S10's tires?
what you got in it?
I have a 4.3 V6 in my S15 (Same as S10 only GMC) and I can smoke mine with no brake on a dry road with no problems.

Old 05-03-2002, 02:04 AM
Range Rover

<< If looks could kill, The SuperDutys would be the only trucks left on the road! The new Chevys and the Dodge look like leftover meatloaf compared to the awesome styling of the SuperDutys.
Stick that in your Isuzu and smoke it!
>>

Interesting article comparing GM's 8.1L and Dodge and Ford's V10s 1 tons. Note the loaded and empty acceration times and specs: Truck Trend Article...

Similar results when the same folks compared 1/2 tons:
F150 and Ram 1500 loaded and empty accleration...

GM1500 and Toyota Tundra performance results and specs...

The F150 5.4L was badly outaccelerated loaded and empty by GM 5.3L and the Toyota Tundra 4.7L [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] . I'd rather have a truck that looks like &quot;leftover meatloaf&quot; than with engine performance that smells like &quot;leftover meatloaf&quot;! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] . I do like the looks of the F250 and F350-I think they're the best looking trucks being made. And if you want to talk diesels, I think overall the Powerstroke is the best one by a long shot. But it'll be a few decades before I own another Ford truck with a gas engine. Hopefully you'll have better luck than me.

Old 05-03-2002, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

I tend not to believe any printed material about GM hp.. especially on cars... they overate the truck engines and underrate the car engines [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

but to each their own... as long as you are happy with YOUR truck, to hell with what anyone else thinks! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2002, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Every time I think about a New truck I'm reminded of these articles. How much power, towing, so on and so on. All that plus the $30,000+ price tags, keep me in my 1971 Ford F-250 w/ FE 390 bored 40 over, s/s valves/ ported and polished heads, Edelbrock intake and carb, Headers and a Comp Cam, all hooked up to a indestructable C-6 with B&amp;M shift Kit. My 10 MPG truck can beat your 10 MPG.LOL. Yea, if I hadn't promised the wife a new car, something comprable to her 'vette, a Ford deisel would be in the drive way.

Congrat on the new rig and many great miles to you and her.

Jealous

Smitty

Quick Reply: Best ATV Accessory is...