Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Heres the plan! Please read and respond!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2002, 08:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just talked to Don Amador at Blue Ribbon. I will be in contact with him to word an effective petition. This petition will be General in that it will explain our concern and determination in keeping our Federal land open to atv's.

I hope to have this petition up and going in about a week. This petition will hopefully help everyone in letting our senators and congressmen know what we think. With that said, I am pleading for local support. As said in another post, all it takes is dropping a petition off by your local dealer or taking one with you to an event. I will make a printable version of this petition available on the website I create.

I think this petition could help in getting laws passed to help our cause. Some of you may already know that the Feds are operating on outdated and nonexistent laws regulating atv use. This is still a new sport/hobby that has recieved little or no recognition by our lawmakers in protecting it.

Please respond with any suggestions or comments on this.

Josh Williams

Old 05-02-2002, 09:53 PM
The Facility

Please do have a printable version.
I can easily get you several hundred signatures a week.
Just let me know when you get it up. I'll make copies and then ship the petitions to you when you are ready for them.

Maybe with that many signatures from the home state,..they will rethink their ideas.

Let me know.

KNOWSALOT
Patrick

Old 05-02-2002, 10:36 PM
Pro Rider

Would be nice if it somehow could help protect the private land owners too. Once the federal and state lands are closed, I am sure the politicians will start trying to dictate what you can ride on your own land.

Although this great country is still a democracy, freedoms are being taken away each and every day. It is hard to believe this country has been in existence for 200+ years and politicians still find more and more things that need fixing by new laws and/or revisions.

If you can get a mailing list together of all the dealerships, etc., I would be willing to help fund the effort required to get a mailing to each and every one of them. Ultimately, they have a lot to lose in this too. I would think they would participate.

In some ways, I am not so sure Pennsylvania doesn't have it right for the benefit of ATV riders. Many are upset about the registration charge even for riding a quad on you own property. However, once the politicians get used to having access to these funds, the tree huggers will need to find a way to replace the funds in the event they want to sway the politicians to vote for their ideas. This might be cheap yearly insurance for quad owners that they can keep on riding.

/NotuRaptor

Old 05-03-2002, 06:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Please post when you get a one made we can print. I have five shops down here and a few bussinesses that I can bring them to. I will also go to the ones on the coast. There are also a few tracks around here that I can bring them to, this is sure to be one thing bike and quad riders can get together on.

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I would not mind a small anual fee if they could keep our trails open and updated. Something like this might be better to bring up after the first fight is one.

Old 05-04-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

02Kodiak~

Let me know when it's up. I'll print it out and pass it around to local dealers and our local ATV club. I'll also put the link to my personal quad web site, and I'll do the same on our local ATV Clubs web site (I'm the webmaster) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Fight the good fight!

SilverBear