Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity web site, what do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 11:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

better! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] anyways hopefuly soon you will be reciveing my motor for a little "686" tune up

Old 05-07-2002, 12:28 AM
The Facility

Harry,

I think it is great with what you guys have done with the site. I rank it #1 for quality in both layout and information.

Alot of sites only emphasize on one orthe other. Yours does both quite well.

Keep up the good work. Not only with the site, but with the engines as well.

Patrick

Old 05-07-2002, 02:26 AM
Range Rover

Much much BETTER than before, keep up the good work......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider

great job, lots of good info, quick access, the only suggestion might be to add a section on customer quad pics, glad to be one of your first "online" customers it went very smoothly

Old 05-08-2002, 11:54 AM
Pro Rider

Great looking site..

to bad your service ???????????..

Or maybe you don't remember screwing over 4 customers in cincinnati with Banshee's..

I'm sure you can't recall talking about pistons where the pin that is *supposed* to hold the ring in place was over bored, allowing the pin to push all the way into the piston. Once that happened, it took no time for the ring to start to spin, which in a 2 stroke isn't real pretty once the ring opening rotates around to an exhaust opening. Wow, next thing you know the rings are broke, the bore is fubared, and all Harry can say is "not my problem, Wiseco makes the piston for us call them"..

Sure.. we call wiseco.. they tell us to call harry, and we still get the "not my problem"..

That's ok, we also didn't mind waiting another 8 weeks for product cause you can't keep pistons stocked.

Needless to say we all sold our Trinity JUNK..

If you don't remember all this harry.. Thats ok.. We'll never forget!

Old 05-08-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

This was over a year ago.. and trust me when I say I'm not the only one stirring the pot..

Maybe he's straightened his crap out now, but I felt and still feel he ****ed me over on my banshee, and I'm not the only one.

Go back and do a search for trinity.. you'll find many many posts with late parts, poor performance per dollar spent, etc.

You'll even find a post saying how great *I* thought they were, until I had a real problem.

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...yword1=trinity

When Harry and I spoke many moons ago about this problem, he wouldn't even look at the pistons that were obviously bad from day one. The ole "it's not my problem", it's a race motor, no warranty and he really didn't give a ****. Yet at the time we had 3 banshees w/ the same problem.

Again, many people think they are great, personally I think they are over priced, and then fail to follow up when a real problem exists. Hopefully none of you will encounter the problems I did, but if you do, I truly hope you don't get screwed as I felt I did.

Old 05-08-2002, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

BansheeBrad,
As you suggested, I took a second to review some of your posts concerning your Banshee issues. Perhaps I am missing something but it really does appear that you hurt the engine yourself and tried to get Trinity to cough up a free replacement. Why don't you gather the courage together to call Harry and discuss the problem. I would like to hear both sides of the story rather than your one-sided slant (that you post over and over again on many sites).

Note -- simple math tells me that BansheeBrad got at least 576 hours of engine time before he had a problem. I will also note that he beat the Hell out of his prior engine as he admits that his crankshaft was junk. If there was a factory defect, I suspect it would have appeared much earlier. When I see that all 3 of his buddies had the same problem at the same time, I suspect fuel as the cause. Cheap fuel and detonation will do nasty things to the pistons.
IT LOOKS LIKE HE KNEW IT WAS NOT A TRINITY PROBLEM AND THAT IT WAS A WIESCO ISSUE AT BEST. I SUSPECT THAT BANSHEE BRAD SIMPLY OVERHEATED OR DETONATED THE MOTOR TO SUCH AN EXTENT THAT THE RINGS FORCED THE INDEX PINS OUT. WHO KNOWS. I NEED MORE INFO. TILL THEN, BANSHEEBRAD IS ON THE IGNORE LIST.

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Friday, July 21, 2000 2:12 PM

I would just like to share my experience with Trinity Racing. I know a lot of people on this board have had either this or that problem with trinity. I found my over all experience to be very fair however, and the performance gain I got was incredible. I will say Joann is very helpful, however some of the tech guys weren’t the best. I don’t think someone who isn’t rather knowledgeable about engine rebuilding should attempt the type of upgrade I did, as a lot of the rebuild is time consuming and isn’t for the beginner engine rebuilder. I would say I would spend the $1400.00 all over again, and I wouldn’t hesitate to do it with trinity. Mods in sig file.. and trust me.. this is the fast banshee I’ve ever seen.

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Friday, July 21, 2000 2:31 PM

I had mine shipped in and returned in less than 3 1/2 weeks, and that includes ship time of 6 days. They were one day late on the ship date I was quoted, and JoAnn apologized to me, she was out sick the day my order should have shipped. As far as the engines I will say they rock , I have the short rod kit, as it's supposed to have more torque on the low end, and I didn't want to split my crank. But I couldn't be happier )

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Friday, July 21, 2000 4:29 PM

Roost... I didn't have my crank welded, but mine was in bad shape so I ordered a new Wiseco Crank (yes they make cranks) with "Hot Rod" rods in it. It was 399 plus shipping from Magic Racing. It has ALL new bearings, and the seals are like $15 more. I paid 422 with shipping. Reliability, I have no idea yet. My best friend has had his done since February of this year, with out a single problem yet. He's still on his factory crank, and his banshee is an 89. 1 thing I will say. Get a pro design water pump impellor. They make a TON of difference and really help with over heating by moving more water into the bigger head. I wouldn't do it without one of these, my buddies bike over heated a lot, so he upgraded the pump impellor and not a single problem since. I've had my aftermarket impellor for some time and I've never over heated either, but I haven't gotten to really beat on the 420 kit yet. I was told by trinity you can go 20, 40 and 60 over on the big bore kit, (but not 80 or 100). So you'll have 3 bores then a resleeve. Not a big issue in my mind. Just my $.02

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Wednesday, September 06, 2000 7:53 AM

Lars, like you I am a rather large person. 280 and 6'7", so I needed more power. I went with the trinity big bore kit, regular rod, and some after market toomey t-5 pipes. I also have the MX port job. I have goobs of power all over the power band, but low end power was dramatically increased. It's almost scary now... the thing has so much power if will literally throw you off the back or pull a narly *** unwanted wheelie at the wrong time, but boy is it fun! Just My $.02 Brad

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Wednesday, September 06, 2000 10:11 AM

I do have some pics of my banshee, but it's nothing special to look at. Every mod has been all go and no show. The toomeys are chromed, but thats it. Nothing special to look at, but damn does it run like a scolded dog! The top speed is probably around stock cause I've dropped a tooth on the front sprocket to try to offset my 280 pounds, so I lost some top end speed. I also mainly ride in the woods, so thats what it's set up for, lots of power all over the place. I'd love to get it out in the dunes... but we don't have any near us here in southern ohio... such is life. Brad

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Thursday, September 07, 2000 7:54 AM

I ride all weekend, like 5 to 8 hours a day of hard riding, for 3 or 4 days and I have to switch plugs. Seems to me my plugs only have about a 20 to 30 hour actaully usauge life. I always keep a set on the bike as spares. Nothing like fouling a plug 15 miles out and not having a spare. This might seem like low usage, but then again I have high compression and run race gas, so I keep good plugs in it. Brad

Author Message Text For:
WISECO PISTON DEFECTS... anyone else [ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

BansheeBrad
(Pro Rider)
cincinnati, Ohio

Tuesday, April 24, 2001 7:24 AM

In my group of riders we have 3 bikes setup with Trinity 420 kits (like the one in my profile).All 3 are less than a year old and all three have scattered in the last month. We have done some investigating and found that the pins to hold the rings in place have been over drilled. While the pistons looked ok at install, over time the rings push against the pins, the pins work there way into the piston farther, and then allow the rings to start to move around the piston. As the rings move, they edges get over a intake or exhaust port and... BAM!! the ring breaks! We have also seen this on a RM250 piston manufactured last year in the same time. Has anyone else seen this problem? We are looking for more info to go after Wiseco with! Any info posted here or emailed to banshee@silicontemple.com would be appreciated!! Thanks Brad

Old 05-08-2002, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

Brad, since you like to double post the same crap on multiple threads, I will go ahead and post this reply just to save time.

Hauling your 280 pound "***" around -- I was merely restating your own admission. A heavy "***" can have a substantial effect on an engine, especially one that runs bad gas.

On the pin issue, the pins are pressed into the ring land. The hole in the piston is smaller than the pin. Drilling the hole through the ring land does not concern me. I have build countless 474cc jet skis 1975-1985 where I had to relocate pins on a daily basis. If I recall correctly, I may have drilled many of the index pin holes through the piston. I have never seen a pin walk out of the motor except on a 550jet ski and a Blaster atv. In both instances, the engines were run hot and detonation (from bad fuel, timing, air leaks, or cooling) caused the ring end gap to close against the pin. With the end gap closed, even the slightest torsional movement of the piston during the stroke, or worst during detonation, could easily force the pin to work loose. I could see a loose pin working back from there. When you commented that you could tell because you checked the bad and good piston together, I suspect that both pistons were damaged at the time.

You say that you did not run for 576 hours before you had a problem. You only ran 5-10 weekends. Well, I can only go on what you post. Soooo, lets do the math togehter.

You said, I ride all weekend, like 5 to 8 hours a day of hard riding, for 3 or 4 days and I have to switch plugs. Seems to me my plugs only have about a 20 to 30 hour actaully usauge life. I always keep a set on the bike as spares. Nothing like fouling a plug 15 miles out and not having a spare."

Then you said, Tuesday, April 24, 2001 7:24 AM In my group of riders we have 3 bikes setup with Trinity 420 kits (like the one in my profile).All 3 are less than a year old and all three have scattered in the last month"

Looking for the date I suspect you started riding the 420, I went from July 2000 since you said , "Friday, July 21, 2000 2:31 PM I had mine shipped in and returned in less than 3 1/2 weeks, and that includes ship time of 6 days"

Math time >>> I see about 9 months of riding. You claim to ride 5-8 hours a DAY of HARD RIDING on a weekend (that would not include weekday rides, hoildays or other rides at tracks, etc). So, I took 8 hours times 2 weekend days (Saturday and Sunday) then multiplied by the weekends in 9 months. I could be wrong but that looks like 576 hours of riding.

Now I also want to point out that you first claimed 3 engines with the same problem. Now it is 4. Is there a memory issue here?? "In my group of riders we have 3 bikes setup with Trinity 420 kit" later you said >> "he fu**ed me good on a banshee, defective pistons took out 4 motors between me and my friends" I smell a liar in the bloom.

Now I don't want to forget to bring up your admission that you had killed your crankshaft before the 420 kit. That also tells me that you have a problem keeping engines together. By the way, did you ever find all those customers with Weisco pistons that had the same problem?? No.

I love your posts Brad. I raise issues about your statements and you avoid the issue you created and start digging back 3 years to poke at Trinity as if that will validate your BS. Is this why your girlfriend moved out? You just keep making yourself look more and more like the person nobody would ever want to help.

Oh, I almost forgot, send me a PM or send Harry a PM with the names of your 3 or 4 friends. That way we can see what the real story might have been.

Old 05-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

*************************** HARRY YOU ARE THE MAN **********************
Harry at Trinity runs a first rate shop and goes above and beyond most shops even lsr
Harry at Trinity runs a first rate shop and goes above and beyond most shops even lsr
~~~~~~~~~~BansheeBrad & Rob4092~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Say it with me now!!!!
>
>
>
You can please a lot of the people a lot of the time but never all of the people all of the time
>

Harry keep up the good work and I will be back in touch on 35mm carbs..thx Digger

Old 05-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

wish we had someone like harry around these parts, I always do my own engine assembly, simply because nobody cares for that motor like I do and the shop quality out here sucks

Quick Reply: Trinity web site, what do you think ?