Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity web site, what do you think ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 12:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm a non-believer. I think its time for BansheeBrad to hang it up.

This thread started out about Trinity's new web site. If someone has a gripe about work done over a year ago then start a new topic, e-mail the company, or call em on the phone.

Trinity has not worked on my stuff yet, but their phone tech support has been great.

Old 05-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Vraptor,

You already had the Cam and Piston when you ordered the Pro port? Just curious.

Old 05-16-2002, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot,

I agree 100% with your statement this should have been cleared up a year ago. I tried that, trust me I tried that repeatedly.

I have always felt, and will always feel that harry blew me and my friends off.

Warranty, no warranty, not the issue. I never said his 'warranty' sucked, I said his 'service' sucks. I still stand by that statement today. I never even asked for warranty pistons, I asked for an answer why 3 420 kits with less than 100 hours all failed.

I admit it could have been a mistake on our part, harry has admitted that he has seen "a handfull of these type of failures". My issue has always been, give me an answer to why the failures have happened. Don't tell me to call wiseco, don't offer to sell me another $230 in pistons if you can't answer some basic questions as to why the failures have happened. At least offer to take a look at one of the motors and see if you can see a mistake, mine or yours.

He wouldn't even spend the time to clearly follow up on the problem over a year ago, we were given wiseco's number and told goodbye.

So for the last year I've stated that I believe Harry's service sucked, and still go with that statement today.

Last week harry and I started talking via private messages, he agreed to follow up as far as he could. So he looks in his computer and finds partial information, and comes back here posting that basically I'm full of it.

Gee Harry, did you really follow up on it? I provided full names, telephone numbers, address etc. Did he bother to call anyone? No. Did he truly follow up? Nope. Did he even get back with me? No. I see a repeat of last year, and I still go with the fact his service sucks.

Did he post that he thinks I'm lying, ya. That's ok, I expected no less, his past history has shown me this is how he operates.

At this point I can't do anything about it, but what I am today, I can voice how unhappy I am with his service, and I am noticing I am a lone voice.

I threw out my $.02 in the first post regarding this thread..
"Great looking site..

to bad your service sucks.. "

Early this week I offered to harry to let this issue go, and for me to say nothing further if he at least looked up as much as he could and got back with me, and that wasn't even done. I am still not asking for a dime from Trinity racing, just an acknowledgement that customers have had problems, problems for over a year he has ignored. In his PM to me today he states "If I remember correctly you started the slamming thing many months ago., I personally stayed out of it till you became too much for me to handle." He admits he has ignored the problem for months, try a year, until it became to much for him to handle, IE it was being said to other customers.

One phone call to the other person I provided would have taken what, 10 minutes? Then he actually have gotten to speak to someone else about this, to get another one of his previous customers opinions, but it's much easier to ignore the entire issue as it has been since day one.

If one of your customers was this upset about an issue, would you at least not call them and look into a problem? I couldn't make him do it a year ago, he doesn't have to take our calls.

He only tends to notice when your telling other people how lousy his service really is.

With that being said I'm terminating my account here, but I think in time many of you will find out Trinity isn't the great place you think it is.

When you get screwed over, just remember you were warned.

Harry, if you really feel I am being slanderous, I encourage you to get in touch with your lawyer. I have provided my full name and address and look forward to hearing from you and proving I have said nothing that isn't true.

I don't expect you to do that, I expect you to be happy I'm going away, one more problem swept up under the rug.

But the next person will remember..

Old 05-16-2002, 01:56 AM
The Facility

BansheeBrad,
Yes, I would follow up on a customer's complaint, but only as much as deemed neccessary to find the answer.

From your posts, it looked as if you were a customer with a legimate problem that wasn't cleared up to your satisfaction and I understood it completly,.....
.....but that last post reminds me of a few customers that I have delat with over the years and it seems that maybe you are simply someone who refuses to be happy regardless of the outcome.

I'm sure that "attempting" to bash his reputation isn't helping your situation at all either.

It's like me selling the wrong nerfs for a quad and the guy walking back into my store raising hell about it in front of other customers. No one's perfect.
When people don't act in a reasonable manner to a problem, how do they expect it to be resolved in a reasonable manner??

Not bashing ,just answering your question.

Patrick

Old 05-16-2002, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider

BansheeBrad,

It is time for you to think about backing up your statements about Trinity. If you can't I might just offer my services to Harry and drag your fanny into court and expose you as the slanderous liar that I believe you have grown to become.

You blew your motor most likely because you beat the crap out of it. Then, you attempted to cram a warranty claim down Harry's throat while threatening him with your cowardly slam tactics. After making a fool of yourself, you then realizing that you could not buy those 420 pistons from any other source. With no alternative, you asked your buddy to buy two pistons from Trinity so you could put your engine back together (with your tail between your legs). There are no other buddies who had engines fail for the same reason at the same time -- that is a fish story that you dreamed up thinking it would not come back and bite you in the ***. You make me sick.

Sure Harry told you he heard of a handful (less than 5) of the pistons having pin problems for one reason or another. Unfortunately none of the pistons had the problem as a result of the story you described. What usually happens is a backyard mechanic does not line up the ring gaps at the pins and then forces the cylinder over the piston. That pushes the ring pin back. Engine failure would be just around the corner --- not 100-500 hours later. The other problem, as I previously described, has more to do with bad fuel and/or a foolish rider. What failed you was your lack of common sense and your failure to perform any maintenance of a high performance engine.

Now you are stating, "Warranty, no warranty, not the issue. I never said his 'warranty' sucked, I said his 'service' sucks. I still stand by that statement today. I never even asked for warranty pistons, I asked for an answer why 3 420 kits with less than 100 hours all failed."

You got your answer -- but you wanted FREE pistons and you did not want to hear why one of your two pistons failed. Remember, this was some motor that you put together -- Trinity's service had no control over your mechanical skills or whether or not you were 10 sheets to the wind when you or your phantom buddies sat below a shade tree and assembled your motor.

Grow up and get a life!! Go find a new girlfriend who can deal with your b.s., buy and maintain a bone stock 250ex and spend your money on cleaner furniture for your house or trailer -- your on line photos tell a nasty story.

By the way Brad, you said that you sold the 420 kit on ebay. Why don't you provide the information on that sale as well. I suspect that is just more B.S. Also provide info on that RM250 that you claim had the same problem --- sounds more like bad gas every minute.

One other thing --- Although I went over the math on how many hours you ran the Banshee (arriving at over 500 hours) you claim that my math was still flawed. Ok, you said that your riding pit is closed from 12/15 to 4/15. That still leaves 16 weeks for a total of 32 days minimum weekend ride time. At 8 hours a day that is still 256 hours. Even if we cut that down to 4 hours a day (assuming that you were once again making up a riding story), we would have at least 128 hours of riding!

Old 05-16-2002, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

On something as high preformance as a 420 Shee I would have checked the top end at least once in a hundred hours. Then you could have caught or prevented the failure. Poor matinentce is definatly not a warranty problem!

Old 05-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider

wshrdskin
have the webcam 80-421 cam, j&e 102mm 11:1 piston, rd valve springs, had the local shop bore and hone, and presumably do a polish and port -> that was my mistake they were not capable to doing a good job (they must of thought i meant clean and dust instead of polish and port) so I sent my head off (6months later) to harry for the real deal

Old 05-16-2002, 11:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks,

Your opinion. Will it be worth it to get the Pro port with chamber mods and larger valve for a stock engine? No cam/piston etc? TIA

Old 05-17-2002, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

I just got my head back last night, hopefully reassembly wont take too long and I'll let you know how much diff it makes, but without a cam and piston (which is what the pro-port is designed to maximize) I dont think you would get much improvement, if your going that far it's worth doing the complete mod, the piston and cam are not cheap but you would already have the motor torn down to the cylinder so that's the time to do it

Old 05-17-2002, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

Porting will not do much without a cam. The money would be better spent on a cam and a high comp piston. Most engine builders will tell you that porting on four strokes is the last engine mod you want to do.

Hey vraptor how long did it take get the work done by trinity. I just sent them my head to be ported, high flow valve job and chamber mods. Also how well does the porting job look.

Quick Reply: Trinity web site, what do you think ?