Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to glamis for the first time about 3 weeks ago.

We started out south of I-8.. Midway and Buttercup area..
I was extremely impressed by how nice the dunes where, it was clean, lots of great sand...

3rd day I moved up to the top of Geecko Road, near Comp Hill..

Comp Hill!!! What a mess, it was disgusting!! I was sad to see people treat their riding area like that.

Needless to say It was very sad to see people treat such a great riding area like that, we moved back to buttercup for the rest of our trip.

Brad

Old 05-07-2002, 04:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I will reiterate what I said earlier. Its mostly(90%) the kids that are there just to party, real duners dont just throw stuff on the ground Pack it in, pack it out... Besides, youve got 48,000 acres to ride that are garbage free. Im just glad it is basically one area, Comp hill, and not spread out, too bad Comp hill is right off the highway(easy access for said partiers)

RoostKing...

Old 05-07-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

my favorite thing to do to people that litter our ride areas is confront them
ask them why,get in their head and explain to them why they shouldnt act that way
ask them to pick it up or pick it up for them and show them the way
i always carry an extra bungee cord for litter
do your part!

Old 05-07-2002, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

wow now lets not blame just kids i see more people in thier older 20's dump more trash then " kids"
im 18 and when me and my buddies go to our local dunes we bring back more trash then made soo... lets not just blame kids it mainly drunken fools riding around!

Old 05-07-2002, 06:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh, Your from Colorado, so how many times you been to Glamis? Ive been there 10+ plus times this last dune season alone. So I may have a better insight as to what happens there. Im not saying it kids in paricular, just truck loads full of people who pile quad cabs full of people in the cab and 10 more people in the bed with 2 coolers full of bottled bear or whiskey and head to comp hill, not to ride, but to party. Usually people under 21. As you probably know, a quad, even with a six pack rack is not real conducive to riding with bottled beer in the cooler. Nor does it work real well in a sand rail. I didnt mean to offend you, and regardless of age, its good that people are picking up after themselves.

RoostKing...

Old 05-08-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

roostking... no u i havn't been to glamis, but i plan on it this summer, but i do have quicksand 2000 and i get a pretty good idea what happens.
Its not just glamis covered in trash its getting to be all dunes ( my dunes!) and yes we have the truck load of drunks having a party at the bottum of the drag hills, playing w/ the huge *** fires and all the other stupid shiz. we leave the drinking for at the camp!

peace!

Old 05-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

disturbed,

You don't want to go there this summer. 110 + degrees does not sound like a good time to me. Thats the time to go to the river. Halloween weekend should only be 80-90 or so and thats usualy when people start heading to the desert again.

Old 05-08-2002, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

110+ degrees when your going 50+ miles an hour you wont notice! Put on some sunblock and a helmet.........no wait a helmet........that would be kinda uncomfortable. But I could live with it.

Old 05-09-2002, 05:29 PM
Range Rover

There should be $1000.00 fine or more for littering then that would slow them down a little...
Pack it in pack out more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There should be no GLASS at ALL anyway........
Good post to bad the jerks that that do it will still do it until something is done.......:[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-09-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

The litering absolutely drives me crazy. If I could just get my hands on some of these people..... Glamis is one of my favorite places in the world. These people are going to cause it to get shut down, dont they realize that!?

(of course the people that drive from across the country probably dont care as much as I, considering they pass a few dune areas on the way TO glamis........)
Nothing more fun to me than leaving at 8PM Friday night after work for that 4 hour drive to glamis to meet with my Brother at the Glamis store to camp/ride for the weekend........

Quick Reply: You should be ashamed of yourself.