Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

84 Raptors

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A freind of mine had one of the best VW engine builders in the country build him a 400HP turbo drag engine, It blew on the dyno on the first pull. It cost him $3500 to rebuild it after that. No racing engine has a warranty period!

If I had a racing banshee I'd have checked the top end before 100 hours. I checked the top end on my 250R every 50 hours & it still blew.

High performance means high risk!!

Old 05-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Trailblazer

BansheeBrad,
Initially, I though about sending you a Private Message asking you in detail about the "problems" you have mentioned; however, this is one issue I would like to resolve in the public arena. As it stands, I cannot recall you, your friends, or the problems that you keep mentioning. Please provide your real name, the name of the 3 or 4 friends that you claim had the same engine failure. I will also need the date each of you had your work done at my Company. In all fairness, I will review the files and post my findings for all to read.
Please understand that I we work very hard attempting to provide great customer service. Unfortunately, in your case, and on other rare occasions, it appears that customer service may not have lived up to your expectations. For that I will apologize.
If my decision was to not warranty your piston I am absolutely sure it was a very well thought out decision. Please realize that not all of the decisions that I am forced to make each and every day will make everyone happy. I look over each warranty issue with a concerning eye and try to make a justified decision. Reviewing your comments concerning what you believe to be a problem with my work, I believe that my warranty decision would still be the same. Please consider that if in fact the piston was manufactured incorrectly, it would have lasted maybe 10 to 20 hrs at most. A banshee turns over 10,000 rpm and most people drive them in the 5,000 to 7,000 range during regular riding conditions. I find it very hard to believe that a defective piston (as you describe) would last anywhere near the number of hours you may have run your engine.
Trinity Racing sells well over 1200 Banshee Superlite Piston kits each year. I can count on one hand the number of failures that you have described -- and that is over many years! Again, most if not all of these failures occurred in the first 5 to 10 hours of operation NOT 100, 200, 300 or even 500 hours of running. Your claim that three or now four of (your friends) had the same problem at the same time is absurd.
In closing, I ask for your name, the names of your friends and the date of the work.

Old 05-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, since everyone has vered from the true meaning of this post I'll put in my 2 cents!!! In Harry And Jons' defense, I have a Raptor with a kit from a direct competitor, a competitor in which alot of animosity has evolved. But thats besides the point, Harry & Jon have given me toons of techinal advice on and off line at no cost. I have not spent a dime at Trinity Racing and these guys treat me like I've spent millions. They have never put down my machine or the engine builder.

Bansheebrad, I hate to hear about another fellow riders machine going south on him, and I hope your up in running soon. But I have a hard time with somebody wanting warranty work on a modified machine with a 100hrs +. And you say that you have three other buddies with banshees that have had the same problem with Trinity?, that sounds a little extreme to me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

This is all just my opinion, I'm not trying to p1ss anyone off or kiss anyones a$$.

Old 05-09-2002, 01:35 AM
Pro Rider

Well Aaaaaaaaalrighty Then! Group Hug?