Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

first ride on the Grizz

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2002, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's right, finally got to take a real ride on the grizz. Man, this thing accelerates like crazy! I swear my old 250x didn't accelerate this hard! The ride, oooooh man, soooo smooth.

4wd, low range, front end locked... climbed some stuff my wolvy didn't make up! amazing!

I can't say enough good stuff about this bike! I burned about 1/2 tank and rode maybe 20 miles ro just under 2 hrs. Alot of reallly slow, making a new trail in low range at 5mph or less riding. AFter we finally made it out of the woods, I put it in hi range, hit the gas and *sputter sputter* I let off, waited a sec, took off more slowly this time and it was fine. I guess it was hot. I did stop alot and open the gas tank to see if it was boiling, but saw nothing. The temp was about 92* out, so I know it was hot. I could feel the head of the sides.. But I never heard the gas boiling, and never had any problems

Well, I got cut up pretty good, lots of scratches and stuff on my arms, but that isn't the big deal. When I took my contacts out later that night, I some how scratched the hell out of my eye, it still hurts today! 3 days latter! I went to the eye doc the next day and they gave me some eye drops. I am feeling better, but this sux, since I am leaving for vaction on monday! (I am using my eye injury as an excuse for my poor typing today)

All in all, it was a great ride. First time me and my dad have gone on a ride in YEARS. It was nice that he took off work for it.

I moved my Grizz around to where the hose was 2 days later to wash it off... cleaned it up good. Then I went back to get my WOlvy to wash it... man, it felt WEIRD riding my wolvy! No comparison!

must sale wolvy

Old 05-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

congrats on the new machine. just wait untill you encounter some mud, you will want to get rid of the stockers as soon as possible. I just got the first service done on mine this week, itgoes fatser and runs better every time i take it out. I did almost get stuck and plan on getting a set of ITP 589's.

Old 05-11-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

congratz on the big bear!!!
you are just going to love that machine!!! as it breaks in, it seems to get faster and faster!!! try not to overheat it in the break in period, till the engine wears in real good. i put titan 589 mt on mine with some itp alunimum rims, and the traction is sooo much better over stock now. mine is all broke in, but 60 hrs on it now. i can get the front end up just by sitting back on the seat. my sugestion to you, FIND MUD!!!heehee.

my pictures

Old 05-12-2002, 03:13 AM
Pro Rider

Mich660, you have the best online album I've seen yet! Way to go, buddy.

Old 05-12-2002, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior

mich660 if you know anyone at the marriott distribution services over there then please tell them that hanover park marriott dist.. says hi.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-12-2002, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Kraw~

Great story! Glad to hear you finally had a chance to really work the grizz.

SilverBear

Old 05-12-2002, 06:42 AM
Pro Rider

thx everyone..

I can't wait for some mud either!

mich660griz, I got a Grizz.. the REAL BIG bear [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 05-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider

thanks alot slinger!!! it really lacks on anything of importance, but no. 7 in the pic album has got to be the nicest one of the bunch!!! lmao!!!
kraw, you just got to love the BIG BEAR!!!!
mudstomper, i ride by there every day, but dont know anyone in there. if your ever hanging in michigan for a week or so, look me up and i'll take ya for a ride to a few trails we have here that are worth riding!!!

my pictures