raptor tach

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 10:15 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 05-13-2002, 11:12 PM
Range Rover

The Trial Tech doesn’t have a tach, but it has a lot more other things $70 rockymountain. The Sendec has a tach but being digital and small how would you read it at speed? $40. Both have good and bad points to them it would just be a matter of preference. For me I would want the Trail tech with the billeted mount, $$$$$, but very nice![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] GregV has one and has posted a picture of it under his signature, it's in there. Looks real good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] So on that note, GregV if you have the Trail Techwhy do you want the other, or do you just need one more toy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

Ha ha "another toy". Isn't that what it's all about Radman ??

No, I just want to be able to verify my Idle setting and mainly be able to be prepaired to meet the db level at Silver Lake this year. I purchased a db meter but I need to be able to "positively" be at the required rpm range. I'll probably do all this and never be checked.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I don't plan on watching it for shift points, but it would be nice for top end runs to see how high I'm winding up. I saw a photo somewhere of one of the Yamaha Tachs mounted in the center strip on top the tank. It did look pretty good there.

Old 05-14-2002, 12:47 AM
Range Rover

That's why we are all here, big toys for big boys $$$$$$$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Oh by the way, thanks for plugging my photos page. I was hoping that someone cared or at least noticed what I was trying to do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I wish it had a counter on it, I would like to see how many hits I have recieved on it. Hopefully I have helped a few people, that was may intentions.

Old 05-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Trailblazer

gregv,
you been to silver lake this year? we were there last weekend and i didnt see anyone get the boot for the noise.in fact i dint even see one sound check the whole weekend. but i know duneland made a killing on the sparkys. alot of people were pissed about that. how would they check your machine if you dont have a tach,do they hook one up or just guess? i want to buy a full yosh system but 94 db's seems pretty low for the aftermarket.

Old 05-14-2002, 10:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Greg,

You can get a free hit counter right here.

Ooops, my bad. You can't use a hit counter on that page. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Give this guy a call, tell him outtacontrol told you to call he'll hook you up.He has all kinds.
419-866-8775

Old 05-15-2002, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider

Nobody has really answered your question HONDAKILLA. You are looking to install a real Tachometer, not a worthless tach that lags behind your actual motor by a 1/2 second or more. I have the tiny-tach/Yamaha Hour Meter that everyone is talking about also. It is worthless other than for setting idle and the hour meter. Sure if you hold it at a steady throttle you can tell what RPM's you are actually at, but for Drag Racing it would be worthless. I know that the DS guys run Tach's but haven't heard about any Raptor guys running them, I wanted to do the same thing, a small autometer tach would work nicely, of course till I did the graceful back flip in the woods! But what the hell its only money.

Old 05-19-2002, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

How acurate is the Trail Tech Tech/Speedo? I have been thinking about getting one but is it really worth the money as far as the speedo portion?

Quick Reply: raptor tach