Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bogging Banshee?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2002, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first start my banshee, sometimes it willjust sit there bogging even when I give it gas it just boggs more. If I start driving it in first sometimes after a little while it will start running like it usually does. It's wierd and I want to get rid of it. Please help

Old 05-14-2002, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

No one has ever experianced this or have knowledge if it? I'm sure someone knows something.

Old 05-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The Banshee is cold natured 'till it's warmed up. You are using the choke...right?

Old 05-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Yes, exactly what Gary said.

Have you done the typical maintenance to it? Clean your carbs and air filter and change your plugs if you haven't for a long time. You can also check your compression if you are really worried.

Either way it sounds like you have a typical Banshee. Let it warm up for a while and once it does don't "get onto it" all the way until you have been riding for a few minutes.

-Josh

Old 05-14-2002, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

Oh know, this is way different. 3 of my friends have 2000 banshees and none do this. Mine didn't used to do it. I know what your talking about because I love driving in the winter, but this is totaly different. any other ideas.

Old 05-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

Have you done the regular maintenance? If so, one other question...Is it only right after you start it or does it do even after it has been running and you come to a stop?

Mine does it every once in a while when I come to a complete stop, I think that it is something with the parking brake sticking because there is a rev limiter on it when it is used. The weird thing is I have never used the parking brake.

Anyway, it only does it occasionally so I haven't looked into it.

Check the basics on yours first then you might want ti get it checked out.

-Josh

Old 05-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Is the parking break sticking ?On my banshee a couple times the parking brake/clutch was sticking it wouldnt rev out and would just go ding ding ding ding instead of going nyeen nnnyeen vim vimm dinga dinga dinga.once i jiggled the assembly it wopuld rev out.Other things I would check is air filter/plugs/fuel filter.Is fuel new and carbs cleaned and synced?I know my SHee still has Torrs but Im not familiar w diagnosis for the system.Hope this stuff helps.If its none of these do a compression test if its at around 100 psi or below time to rebuild the top end.If ya need to rebuild it do it right because if ya dont it will cause ya quadruple the 2nd time around.2 of everyhting is expensive enough as it is.

Old 05-15-2002, 08:37 PM
Trailblazer

What kind of gas are you using?I got ahold of some cheap gas here while back and my shee had some of the same problems.I checked everything under the sun-plugs,air filter all the connection and even did a compression test and couldn't find anything.then I rememdered I ran out of the gas i took on the trip and bought some down at the local store and it was labeled super.Once i remembered this i put some octane boost in my tank and i had no problems at all.This cost me half a days riding after driving 14 hours to get there,I WAS PI$$ED!

Old 05-16-2002, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider

I love the Shee as finicky as she is 1 ya taste her ya never want to leave,Kinda like having a mistress.As soon as I get my motorcycle license Im gonna get me a nice used RZ350 or find a seca2 and drop a SHee engine in it>

Old 05-17-2002, 11:35 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<< it wouldnt rev out and would just go ding ding ding ding instead of going nyeen nnnyeen vim vimm dinga dinga dinga >>

Good stuff.

Quick Reply: Bogging Banshee?