Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

knowsalot i need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2002, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems you knowalot..

on my old dirtbike (82 kawasaki ke 100) i tried to start it, and it wouldnt start. the spark plug had lots of spark but it had a lot of oil on it. is it flooded? how do i get it to unflood? i tried kicking it over without the plug in it. but it didnt help. the spark plug is getting spark, maybe its fouled?

Old 05-15-2002, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not knowsalot, but I would say your plug is fouled. I would also find out why your fouling out your plug. (check jetting, sounds to me you might be running rich.) Hope this helps.

Old 05-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

How old is the gas?

Try fresh gas, and a fresh sparkplug if you have not done so already. Gap the plug.
Check the fresh sparkplug to see if you get a thick blue spark from it before installing it into the engine too.

Old 05-15-2002, 11:21 PM
The Facility

Has this bike been setting up for a while since it was last run?? If so, I would follow 2fun's suggestion of changing your gas.

Also drain the old injectio oil in the tank and go with some fresh stuff.

Isn't the KE the model with the carburetor inside the engine case?? I would check the condition of the carburetor.......chances are, it needs a cleaning as well. If it's been setting up, the float is probally hung in full position. This will cause it to flood.

Grab a couple of NGK BR8ES plugs before proceeding with any further work....You're going to need them.

Old 05-17-2002, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider

I was riding in the rain, and it does bog some, but not so much that it wont start and itll only bogg at high rpm, and the spark has spark, but theres a lot of oil on the spark. would it be okay to put a bbq lighter in the cylinder to get all the gas/oil burned? Today ill take out the air filter and clean it, could it just be that i got the wrong ratio of gas/oil? Im using 1oz to 10L... like the shop told me to. the carb is inside the engine and i dont want to tinker with it, ill try scrubbin the electrode(plug) with sand paper to make sure all of the oil is off. How do I unflood the engine? Remember this could just be electrical too, i was riding in the rain. There is a *** by the choke and its to set the idol rpm, maybe i put the idol on off or something? Carb shouldnt be not running because it started 1st kick w/out choke in 4 degree wheater, it isnt the rings either...
82 ke 100, answer series 2000 bars, weiso piston, a little bored,

HHHEEEELLLLPPPP

Old 05-17-2002, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

going to do some tinkering with the bike now... how do i unflood a bike?

Old 05-17-2002, 11:19 PM
The Facility

DO NOT PUT A BARBEQUE LIGHTER IN THE SPARKPLUG HOLE [Especially with the gas turned on]

You are running pre-mix now. Do you still have the oil injection connected and have oil in the tank??? IF so, that is your problem.

The rain would not have any affect on your bike's electricals unless something was exposed getting wet.

The carburetor cranking on the first kick doesn't mean that the carburetor is in good condition either. Your slow jets amy be fine, but what about the rest of it. If it's been a while, clean it. It may not help, but it isn't going to hurt. If anything, cleaning it will give you peace of mind for solving both the current problem and any future problems that occur.

What about the pre-mix and oil injection??? Lemme know.

Old 05-17-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

THE BIKE IS RUNNING!

Tools: socket (13/16) wrench, and wd-40!

I sprayed some wd-40 on the spark plug and it spittered but it actually started, in a minute it was running clean, i was riding a lot too, it runs basically perfect on the day it broke! I cleaned the air filter&carb and i noticed it doesnt bogg anymore and can wheelie in 3rd! its got a weisco piston, answer seriees 2000 bars(which are surrently my fav)... runs great, but one more question.

When my chain was new (sat.) it was tight, iv ridden it 3 times, hard, and now its got 2 inches of play, normal?

Old 05-18-2002, 12:05 AM
RIP Dear Friend

KNOWSALOT,

What happens when you put a BARBEQUE LIGHTER next to a 01 Raptor tranny?

Chet

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-18-2002, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider

It doesnt take a person who knowsalot to figure that out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

What about a 400ex? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: knowsalot i need help