Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Do You Wear A Helmet When You Ride?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every time. I feel naked without it! It is amazing how branches will come out of nowhere and smack you in the head.

I wear a HJC Helmet, bought it the same day as my 400ex, held on to it when I sold that one, and still wearing it with my Raptor.

Old 05-15-2002, 01:39 PM
Trailblazer

split your wig one time, you'll wear a helmet, that is if you can still feed and dress yourself.

Old 05-15-2002, 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

The price of discipline outweighs the pain of regret!!! Put your dam helmet on!

Old 05-15-2002, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

Noturaptor: right on. i've been there several times. it always seems the 3 hour tour is when you forget your helmet. if you forget your helmet or boots. the day is over. in our group, that is.

HJC-helmet...cheapo but, very pleased.

i think one of my first posts involved me going over the bars and being run over by my own Raptor. that did'nt hurt as much as having the visor ripped off my helmet...forcing me to sport the "big toe" the rest of the day.

Old 05-15-2002, 02:43 PM
Range Rover

i always where mine mainly because i have glasses and they don't work to good with dust.so i put on the helmet with goggles.plus my friend sometimes out of the blue decides to pumble me with mud and its always nice to be able to duck and let it hit the top of the helm. revenge is sweet moohahahaha

Old 05-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

i always wear my helmet...1 bad crash and you understand why
this may sound strange but im uncomfortable riding with people who dont wear helmets
1 little hiccup on the trail can ruin everybodys day
WEAR YOUR LID!

Old 05-15-2002, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Everytime. On all the toys.

HJC cheapo, but should have bought a Bell, didn't know any better. Use a Quantum/f for the street, and it is worth the extra money.

RM

Old 05-15-2002, 03:10 PM
Pro Rider

well,
Im going to get flamed for this..but...
being that I am over 18, Live in FLA (no helmet state), have a Utility prarie model, not like most of the posts here with the 300-400 ex, warrior, mohave, raptor, trinity models, sparks models, etc..& the prarie is stock, used for work purposes..it is a little diffrent..if I was going on a serious ride, that would be one thing..

with that said..I do own 2 Street bikes (yamaha cruisers..V star & Royal Star)..I ALWAYS wear helmets on those..at the minimum shorty models, or 3/4 open models..but I do it by MY choice, I believe in them, & there are a lot of idiots on the road who are not looking out for a bike..

back when I rode dirt bikes, I always wore hemlets, either a Moto-3 or something..had huskys & pentons, but that was serious riding as well...

the prarie I use for work, 50 ' at a time, or on a construction site, similar to either hunting or farming use..so while I KNOW better, I don't wear one for that kind of riding, on the bike for 2 minutes, off for 12, then back on..it is a little bit of a hassle..so I don't do it..for a serious ride, I would put my 3/4 on though..for a fun ride, but not for work..

getting the fire hose ready to put out the incoming flaming posts...
CLP

Old 05-15-2002, 03:17 PM
Pro Rider

i smell smoke...

Old 05-15-2002, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

ABSOLUTELY ~ ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had not had mine on a couple of weeks ago at Lil Sahara, I may not be here right now!
Nasty jumping accident. Landed on the back of my head and neck from about 8-10' in the air.

I am soooo very glad I had my helmet on. I have always worn it and now I know that I always will!

Quick Reply: Do You Wear A Helmet When You Ride?