Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New Dirtwheels..Z400 Test compared to the Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fair against a Raptor, but I thought it was a mini-Raptor!!!! Atvs are fun, but I must say they're slow....I guess I'm stuck on the quad that set the benchmark for speed & power. Would some manufacturer with coconut size peanuts build something as mean as....Quadzilla!!!!! Otherwise, all of these so-called badass quads are within range of each other. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-22-2002, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

<< Fair against a Raptor, but I thought it was a mini-Raptor!!!! Atvs are fun, but I must say they're slow....I guess I'm stuck on the quad that set the benchmark for speed &amp; power. Would some manufacturer with coconut size peanuts build something as mean as....Quadzilla!!!!! Otherwise, all of these so-called badass quads are within range of each other. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] >>

Cannondale has done it! Their quad is as mean as a Zilla, but in its class. What I mean by that is, it may have close to the same top speed as a Raptor, and Ds but it is also in the 400-440 class... How much faster do you want a stock quad in that class to be? Now imagine if they used all the same technology and put it into a 600+cc class quad, that thing would flat out, haul ***. It would outrun ANY stock quad w/ absolutely no competition... Why do I think that? Well lets see... CANNONDALE DOESN'T DETUNE THE CRAP OUT OF THEIR MOTORS!!!!!! Imagine what the Raptor could do if Yamaha just left the motor alone and just added a restrictive exhaust, NOTHING could touch it.

Old 05-22-2002, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

Ahhhhh....I see now King. You are some teenager (no offense to the others here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])milking mommy and daddy for their money to build your Raptor. Hey, suck on that tiddy for as long as you can brother!

Old 05-22-2002, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

hey lets face it its a good looking and apparently good performing quad, and you sure cant beat the price--&gt; cheaper and faster than a 400ex, specs look good may have to get one for kicks---&gt;nah [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], my friends would only borrow it and melt it keeping up with the big boys, always good to see the performance bar going up, maybe yam will come up with an 80hp raptor 900 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
HondaGuy300EX dont take it personal, keep posting

Old 05-22-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

i ride a kawasaki mojave what are you gonna call me just because he said somthing about the z being even close SOME of the raptor guys loose it they cant stand to be called second

and that z 400 is one hell of a machine speaking from experiance

Old 05-22-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys thanks alot and sorry for all of you who had to read that post of mine that had profanity..lol. Hmm... you guys also got me wondering, hey kingraptor what would you call us guys riding smaller bore quads?? Well I'll be waiting for an apology but till then keep riding and have fun.

Old 05-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider

You yamaha people are great to though I feel sorry for ya though that a few people can ruin your image.

Old 05-22-2002, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Well to keep this post going and without ignorant people posting how do you think the raptor will fair on the mx tracks and sand dunes?

Old 05-23-2002, 01:13 AM
The Facility

The bad rep that Raptor owners seem to have on this forum in the eyes of other members is only based off of the actions of 3 guys. I have noticed this since last Fall. Usually it begins with name calling, and then it's back to their usual boasting.

The majority do not act that way and like to debate an issue as much as others and without calling each other names and thinking there quad is superior to others.

I don't know if any of you guys have noticed it, but look at this entire topic very carefully. Interesting huh??

Old 05-23-2002, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

<< Ahhhhh....I see now King. You are some teenager (no offense to the others here [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img])milking mommy and daddy for their money to build your Raptor. Hey, suck on that tiddy for as long as you can brother! >>

How many times is this guy going to have to tell people who he is and what he does for a living?! Wait til this guy sees how retarded this statement is!!

Quick Reply: New Dirtwheels..Z400 Test compared to the Raptor