Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

First Banshee...QUESTIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2000, 10:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just purchased my first Banshee. 1998. I just put on the T-5 system complete with the jet kit and uni filter. It runs and sounds great. I need new tires? whats best, I run (play in) trails that are sometimes hard pack or mud but sometimes loose dirt. Question 2. My clutch is very hard to pull in as well as when I am really on it, it seems to drive right though 4th, and 5th gear, why? and how can i make it easier to pull in the clutch?. question 3 Reeds or not? I am always in the dirt and worried about not having a full air box. Should I be concerned about this or not? Thanks for any help

Old 03-08-2000, 12:19 AM
Range Rover

Are you Mike Miazza's brother or is this Mike with the 2000 400ex? This is Charles Artoux with my first Banshee too. Got a 2000 two weeks ago.
Mostly ride in the dirt, some duning at Pismo too in the spring and summer. Do you like your toomey's, jet kit and uni-filter. How do the pipes sound?

Old 03-09-2000, 07:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

buy the easy clutch pull kit $15.00 30 % eaiser to pull.
My banshee I have put on HOLESHOTS. THEY ARE GREAT FOR ALL AROUND FUN>

Don't do the reeds if you play in mud or water often.

BANSHEE'S RULE!!

Old 03-11-2000, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

Go with Holeshots & Slime. I used to run only the tires and would still on occasion get a flat or slow leak, but not since I used Slime.

I use Boyeseen reeds on stock cage. I run in all sorts of conditions since I do some XC on the side to play around with.

I agree with quaddmann, go with easypull clutch...

Old 03-15-2000, 11:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

pure sport bandits in the front is the only way way to go in the front tire.The bandits dont fold in the corners like the stock ones do.I run shreders in the rear thay are the same as holesots.I use the FMF ram valve thay seem to be snapy.