Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Where to ride in Mississippi

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 11:57 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in Magnolia MS and I'm Tring to Fide some new places to ride. I have heard of a place in Hattisburg and a few other places but havent tried any. If your know of a good place to rie let me know.

Old 05-22-2002, 12:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

What type of riding are you looking for? There is a mx track just south of Hburg in Purvis there is also one in Laurel about 15 minutes from my house. We have a few gravel pits that we ride at around here but they are kinda considered trespassing. In Petal every other Sat they have dirt drags at the fair grounds that run with the mud bogs. If you ever want to hook up and go some time let me know. Here are some pics of where I ride.
Is Magnolia close to Brookhaven?

Old 05-22-2002, 12:53 AM
The Facility

Raptor58,

If you are into woods racing, there is a hare scramble in Batesville,MS on June 9.

You are located on Interstate55 and so is Batesville. Just head up North.
If interested, PM me and I'll give you the race info.

Hey Ward, same to you. If interested, lemme know. We'll meet up and ride up there.

Old 05-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Pro Rider

guess ya'll knew i would have to chime in on this. i checked the map and it shows magnolia is south of jackson, almost in La? maybe there is more than one magnolia. but if this is the one you live then Ward is always talking about some dunes at alexandria. batesville is probably 200 miles from there. but it's all about how bad you want to ride. lately i've been racing alot more than just riding. there is always someone holding some races somewhere around here.
ward, i believe you were talking one time about going out west and riding one time if you could get a few people together? might have been someone else, but hey if there were a few more of us then who knows.

Old 05-22-2002, 10:53 PM
Range Rover

I have been mainly looking for a good place to trail ride. I'm open to just about anything though. We maily ride in Crosby right nowbut i'm not to sure how long that is gonna last now that they banned river riding. Nobody really crosses it but it's right on the Homochitto river. There is one big sand bar that everyone rides on, its about 3/4 of a mile long by 1/4 of a mile wide. There is usaually at least 10 to 15 bike there on Sundays. Get to see a few drag banshees but mostly just people out cruising around. My cousin went to try rattlesnake bay south of hattisburg today, he said it seems like it may be a good place to ride but he only rode for a few minutes.

Old 05-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Range Rover

Knowsalot,

What all kind of riding do you do. If you into mud I'd love for you to hook up with us senatobia boys for some good rides. We all have big 4wd's and love to find a big mud hole.

Old 05-23-2002, 12:42 AM
The Facility

02Kodiak,

I used to run nothing but motocross, but have only participated in a handfull of races this year.

I am currently in my first season of hare scrambles. I ride the Memphis Motorcycle Club series.

I used to love the mud riding, but haven't owned a 4x4 quad in nearly 3 years now. I guess you could say that I have "postphoned" my urge to get muddy...LOL

Old 05-23-2002, 12:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I often forget about Rattlesnakebay, that is the best public riding spot around here by far. It has many miles of trails and also some good semi mx style stuff. Try it out if you geta chance but watch out for tanks, its on Camp Shelby you know.

KNOWSALOT I am supprised you don't have a race here. They hold many endro style races there. If you would be intrrested in it I could get some info for you.

RRR I would love to hed west for a ride but all my buddies are broke down for a while or wouldn't go any distance. Moose is meeting a few people in early Aug and I thought about trying to make it up there then. As of right now I am not sure if I can, vehicle problems. I also thought about going to LA Dunes Mem day but I don't have the jets I need for my K&Ns.

Old 05-23-2002, 01:04 AM
The Facility

Ward660R,

We have had a few guys who have ran the bikes there before, but there was never any classes for quads at most of the events. Most of them were always SERA events, which do not have quad classes as well.

I do most of my riding and racing in North Mississippi,Southern Tennessee, and Western Alabama.

Old 05-23-2002, 06:17 PM
Pro Rider

I think it isn't Called LA dunes anymore.. I passed by last week and the sign just said DUNES on it. weird

Quick Reply: Where to ride in Mississippi