Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Cheap plastic guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not like I wasn't warned but I put it off [getting aftermarket guards/skids] anyhow. I was coming down one of my trails this afternoon, and noticed one of my grizz's Arm guards laying there in the grass(broken), after swearing a bit and backing up I collected it and duely noted either it or a stick ate my outer CV boot- I HATE it when that happens. Anyhow I have to chuckle that the dealer claimed the guards were better than hondas, yes un huh...riiight in light break in use I lost a boot and guard in less than 150 miles, in the grass no less. Anyhow, richochet's ordering seems to be down, I geuss I'll call it in tommarrow, so it'll be ready with luck for installation next weekend. I don't expect honda quality with anything less than the real thing but some of this stuff is annoying and they could do better, I already had a right side floorboard being replaced under warranty.

Just bottom line is add the price of belly and A arm protection when figuring a grizz's cost.

Old 05-28-2002, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hell, where I live the first thing we ask is where can I get some goods skids for my new purchase. I wouldnt drive my VW GTI VR6 with out one. Kidding but here in Nevada, in the desert the granite just seems to pop up where we least expect it and you loose an A-Arm or a Rotor even dodging the rocks!