Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

yamaha blaster question, please answer!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I right now am running a full FmF system. it receives good mid to high range power. the pro circuit isnt bad either but ive heard the toomeys are amazing.

Old 07-14-2002, 02:22 AM
Trailblazer

Toomey B1 Blaster pipe is indeed amazing. We switched from the FMF Fatty/Power Core II system to the Toomey B1. Better power all around, and certainly more top end.

Regards,

Rog

Old 07-18-2002, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the Toomey Pipes for sure lots more power especially in the top end!!!

Old 07-18-2002, 04:13 PM
Range Rover

I also had a Pro Circuit pipe and silencer on my Blaster. The mid-end and the top-end was great. They also sounded good. But I have also heard alot of good things about Hetrick pipes and Toomeys.

Old 07-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Id I had to do it over again I would not buy my Paul Turner Pipe. It is a good pipe with a fair amount of power increase but ive ridden blasters with better on it ( CT & Pro Circ) . BUT, i got an unbelieveable deal off ebay so i couldnt pass it up. If you are looking for decent power- PT , if you want more than that - go with the Toomey B1 or CT, Pro Circuit. I just didnt have the $ to fork out at the time.

Old 08-14-2002, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

.just got my blaster last week, so still being careful. It's meant to be 'second' to my Raptor. but i want it to go some as well. a high end pipe wouldnt work in my situation.. need some low and mostly midrange, if possible.
terrain can be rough, have xcts on the raptor, thot maybe xc's on the blaster, at least on the back.
whataya think of like a FMF slip on? gotta have spark arrestor here, and am not goin full race ssetup...I have fmf slip on on raptor and am happy with the sound and performance.
.....let me tell you how pleased i am to have so many new friends [most of whom i can trust, right? lol]
have fun, oil that chain, and always ride with a friend!
cya soon paul ;p

Old 08-14-2002, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider

So does one of you toomey owners have an old FMF system you would like to get rid of?

Old 08-15-2002, 12:47 AM
Trailblazer

Well I think I am going to try the Trinity Stage IV pipe. I haven't seen many people in here that has tried them but I think it will be a good pipe. I hear that the same person builds it that builds Graydon, Hetrick, and some others too. I think it will suit my application better than the Toomey.

Old 08-18-2002, 04:46 AM
Trailblazer

i am god and i have tried every pipe there is because we have a club of 10 blasters.the toomey is the best and yes it does beat trinity.no one else needs to reply because this is your answer.

Old 08-19-2002, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

God is that you? LMAO

It all depends on riding style and conditions. If you want woods tight trail riding go FMF. If it is lacking alittle top-end put a set of carbon tech HT reeds in and you are set. If you ride open lanes get the Toomey, want more low out of it put a set of carbon tech LT reeds in. See where I am going with this. I myself run FMF with carbon tech LT for serious low-end because of the trails and hills I climb. I lost top end with this set up but I dont do any drag racing anyway.

Quick Reply: yamaha blaster question, please answer!