Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Please make the call

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2000, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All Yamaha riders please make the call 202-205-1661 tell them to leave our Nationa Parks open to OHV use. Or email Mike Dombeck at this adress Mike.Dombeck/wo@fs.fed.us

We all need the riding area.
If we dont standup for ourselves who will

Old 03-07-2000, 04:53 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, this is a very serious issue. Even if you don't ever ride on public land don't pass this by.

Here is what I said in my e-mail just incase you don't have a clue what to say. Note: Usually reps like this need your mailing address to reply.

(Please keep the National parks open for OHV use. Don't give in to the extremist organizations that would prevent anyone from using our own publicly owned property. There are many of us out here who own OFF-road vehicles such as ATV's ,& Motorcycles, that these National Parks are our only places to ride. Most of us already practice the Tread lightly program, practiced and preached through www.treadlightly.org, I agree we need to take more responsibility and help get some more organizations involved in conservation, but it shouldn't prevent us from enjoying our rights as citizens to public lands. If you are concerned about this issue please contact www.treadlightly.org and get involved in some of their positive legislation that encourages safe ecological land management and teaches people values and responsibility towards land both public & private.

Keep our Parks free and able to be used by all.

(Your name)
(Address)

P.S If you are not my representative please don't just discard this message, forward to the appropriate party for action.

Thank you)