Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

St Anthony Sand Dunes, Idaho

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is it? How do I get there? What rules and regulations are there? Wheres the best place to camp? Etc TIA

Old 06-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Go to Dunes and dune machine and you will find the infor you want to know of this place

Old 06-05-2002, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

Went there twice in that last month and it is a 11 hour drive so that just shows how good it is. Go to rexburg Idaho then drive don the main street until you get to the end. Turn left and drive for quite a while(about 10-15 minutes), you will pass walmart and stuff. Keep going straight out of town on this road until you get to almost the very end. Their is a big shop/garage on your right. Turn left here and drive for about another 5 minutes or so making sure you go straight at this one part were the road starts to bend(don't take bend). You sould be able to see the dunes now. Drive unitl you see a sign that says ______ lakes(I can't remember the first word). Turn in towards the dunes and boom your at a pretty good campground that couldn't be located better. It's smack dad in the middle right were to your left is all the big huge dunes, and if you travel right while duning you hit some smaller fun dunes perfect for fast riding or taking small jumps or even taking the family. Hope this helps, the place in awsome and the people in Rexburg are great. One of the nicest towns I can think of.

Old 06-05-2002, 09:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks, found some good web sites as well. The tip to the dunes forum topic helped as well. Thanks for the directions sparkster.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Here is the web site to the campgrounds that we stayed at last year. The grounds are great but the people that own them are kinda a pain in the butt. It has full hook ups and showers so the is nice if you can deal with the grumpy owners. The camp is geared towards families also so it is kinda layed back and quite.
St Anthonys ID

Old 06-05-2002, 10:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks DS, found that last night. People here say the owners are not easy to get along with. I think we'll stay at the eagin lake access campground. Its free and closer to the better section of the Dunes.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider

Well yes you hit the nail on the head with that one. the grounds are great but the owners are quite grumpy. I guess they have to be to keep order but it is a little excessive. I have never stayed at the other campground but I think that we will be staying there now that we have a self contained trailer. When were you planing on going? We are going sone time in the end of july or early august.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

We're leaving Southern California on the morning of June 29th. Will be stopping at Little Sahara Utah for a day or 2 depending on how hot it is. Then we'll be heading for St Anthonys for a day or 3. Then off to Montana, the original destination for the rest of our 2 week vacation. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Can't wait.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

Well it will be HOT that time of year. Oasis campground is the best place to stay in LS the mountain is just to dusty. St Anthonys should be just right not to hot not to cold. Have a great time and be safe. If you take I 15 wave as you fly past ogden LOL.

Old 06-05-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

wshrdskin, first of all check my site for info, directions, photos and videos of St. Anthony. I gotta plug my site whenever I can you know. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, the Sand Dunes Resort is an OK place to stay. Yea, the owner will get grumpy if you don't follow the rules. If you follow the rules he is actually a pretty decent guy if you take a minute to say hi to him. There are full hookups, showers and laundry there if you need that sort of thing. The BLM campground just has the restrooms and nothing else and if you are lucky you can get a shady spot to camp. Also, Rexburg is only about 20 minutes away so you could always get a hotel there. Remember this though, both the resort and the BLM camp have the same rules; mainly 5 MPH speed limit and quiet hours after 10:00 PM.

I'm pretty sure that you'll need an OHV sticker and whip flag for both St. Anthony and L.S. Utah. Have fun.

Quick Reply: St Anthony Sand Dunes, Idaho