Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<<

WYODuner no I don't &quot;Get your point&quot; enlighten me.
>>

His point was that his banshee is far superior to your raptor, and he would spank you 12 times out of 10.

I knew that craptor owners were touchy and defensive and always acting like little kids, but apparently they're ignorant too.

Old 06-06-2002, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

WyoDuner.......you watch 'The O'Reily Factor', don't you? Get it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2002, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I'm gonna say about the new Z is that a bone stock (shocks, exhaust, tires, etc...) finished on the LEAD lap at last weekends Scarecrow GNCC in the Pro Production class. 13th in class, 19 minutes behind Chad Duvall on his 500 FST EX with full Elka suspension and only 8 minutes behind Kory Ellis on a Blaze. That's pretty impressive if you ask me. Oh yeah, he beat Kim Kuhnle, the Nacs/Cannondale factory rider.

Old 06-06-2002, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

<< WyoDuner.......you watch 'The O'Reily Factor', don't you? Get it?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] >>

Ok, you got me there. I even have an autographed copy of his book. Man, I didn't realize it was so obvious - gotta have a role model, right?

Old 06-06-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

Wyoduner,
I have O'Reillys book too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

The race I saw was 2 400EX's (piped &amp; jetted) against a stock Z400. It was about dead even the whole way. The Z does NOT destroy the EX from what I've seen. It also doesn't get blown away by a Raptor. In fact my girls EX isn't all that much slower in a drag than my DS. For as much flack as it catches from stupid people claiming it is slow the 400EX puts up a good fight against the 650/660 big bore quads. The Z looks to do the same.

Old 06-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider

CBUS660R It doesn't surprise me of the way the Z finished. They are gonna be a huge force to be reckoned w/ when the aftermarket parts come out. Raptors have more power and banshees are faster, but it takes more then just speed and cc's to win any type of racing other then straight line no brainer stuff.

Old 06-06-2002, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider

Were people expecting a good working 400 or a 400 that works like a 660?
The only criticism I can come up with is that there should be WAY MORE new Quads coming out .I love 'em all and can never see enough of them.

Old 06-06-2002, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

<< That is why it has no low end. The 400ex has a 9:1 comp. I'm sure if you did the same to the 400ex you see the same or similar HP. Do the same to a Raptor and you'll see quite a difference. >>

You can say, &quot;IF you do the same to the &amp;*^%$&amp;, you would get just as much power.&quot; but the fact is, you're buying the parts for a quad when something else comes w/ those same parts right off the floor for the same price. I don't know how it is for you drag racers but in MX, saying crap like that is like saying, &quot;If I was as good as Tim Farr, I could kick anyones ***.&quot; Or in power lifting, &quot;If I was strong, I could lift a lot.&quot; Or in school, &quot;If I was smart, I would make good grades.&quot; Well, NO ****.

Old 06-06-2002, 05:24 PM
Trailblazer

hmm, i dont see why raptor owners feel so threatend by a new quad, and i dont see why they think their quad is so much better, saying a 660 spanks a 400 and then bragging about it, would be like me, going over to the kidsmx track, racing a 50cc quad against my 300ex, then bragging cuz i won, well no i won, i got 250 cc's that the other guy doesnt, ....all it comes down to is personal prefrence, and type of riding, ya so what u can beat a quad in a str8 line, but can u make it around a track fast enough to beat em? prolly not, it be like me saying &quot;oooo i can spank yer 4x4 in a str8 line&quot; well duh, but if i get in mud ima get my *** kicked, they are 2 totally diffrent worlds, so why compare them so closely? well thats my opinion....

l8r

jay

Old 06-06-2002, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sandgod, I had no idea what to expect. Sure, I have read all of the articles in the rags, but how much of that do you believe? This was my first chance to see one in action. To me, it speaks quite highly of the machine. Imagine what it will do with a 440 kit (like Yoshimura already has) and some good suspension.

Quick Reply: New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400