Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

OK....wich one is faster! Raptor or Banshee

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm the worst when it comes to dragging. trying to keep the front on the ground drives me crazy. I ve spanked every Banshee i've raced. it was'nt even close. in fact, i've had ex's hang in longer than the shee's. When i reflect on how close i was to slapping down the cash for a banshee i thank God the dealer had me reconsider a Raptor.

in the banshee's defense...surface conditions play a huge role. while they're spinning i'm trying to get all my wait out front to keep it from wheeling. in fact, ive had to get off it when i've wheelied out...got back on it and bye bye.

maybe in the dunes...but in New England? no-way.

I know, i know...i own a raptor, so i suk. and the fact that i don't lose often makes me Yamaha's bitch. Has nothing to do with the 660cc's of course. Don't bother replying...when they make a faster all around quad you'll know...because i'll own it. until then, give me alittle room. i still pull away on two wheels.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:24 PM
efg
Pro Rider

I totaly agree with wyo duner.If you own a raptor your going to say raptor.Same w/ banshee owners.which one will mod out easier?BANSHEE.a HIGHLY MODDED BANSHEE can always beat a highly modded raptor.My banshee has never been beat by a raptor and NEVER WILL GET BEAT. Raptors are way overrated.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

<< Binfordw, I guess it's possible that an amazingly fast z400 could beat an amazingly slow Banshee >>

Exactly.

<< I don't put much trust in ANYTHING you say, maybe it would be different if you had ever OWNED a quad. >>

Keep Trying....lol

Like Wyoduner said anyone with half a brain knows that isn't true.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

Care to explain that last sentence. Raptors are overated. What exactly does that mean? since the raptors been released everyone compares their quad to it. Why? Well i'll tell you. deep down inside you know it's the quad to beat. otherwise i wouldn't see these post evry day. Sure the other quads may win a catergory here and there but overall the raptor takes it. I've seen alot of video clips on this forum showing Raptors kickn **** in those dunes.

if sticking a acme rocket up your **** and lighting the fuse while you sit on your banshee, counts as heavily modded. then i agree. other wise. prove it. who , when and where did these banshee's consistantly beat or in your words &quot;always beat raptors&quot;

show us the pics. i await.

and no putting your banshee in daddies pick up and lining up doesn't count. Nor pushing it out a plane @ 10K.

you folks are breathing those 2 stroke fumes to deeply.

Old 06-07-2002, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

This topic seems to pop up from time to time.

My opinion is that stock for stock they are so close it isnt even funny. Mod for mod the banshee is still the king.

Of course then you could throw the Baja into the mix and they all eat roost [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Just kidding, all the big boys are pretty close. I am waiting for someone to come out with a real quad, say with 60-70 hp stock and I will be riding that.

Bat

Old 06-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Trailblazer

heres how i feel about raptor vs banshee, i think the ONLY way someone could see who was faster, u would have to have someone cloned and then the clone have EVERYTHING alike as the original person, this means, think, react etc etc etc exactly alike, cu then both would race the quads the same and then u could see who was faster....

please tell me if that made not one bit of sense, cuz it did in my head lol

Old 06-07-2002, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

As for the Raptor being overrated, I disagree. I bought my Banshee and Raptor new and know how they run out of the box. They are very, very close in a drag race, but as others have stated, the ground surface will determine the winner. In my experience, a piped Banshee will outrun a piped Raptor.

There are far more things to consider, though. The ergonomics of the Raptor are outstanding and really date the Banshee's design. Maintenance is another consideration. The 2 stroke requires more tuning and is more temperamental in changing weather conditions, while the Raptor's 4 stroke design is much more forgiving. For all around riding, the Raptor (and maybe the new Z400) is the clear choice, yet for the dunes, the Banshee is still King. If top speed is your only consideration, the Banshee has unlimited potential with aftermarket goodies.

For those of you wondering why I sold the Raptor and kept the Banshee, I ride almost exclusively in sand and love to side-hill. The Banshee's stability and lower seat height won out over the convenience of electric start and reverse. The power was not an issue. However, I am now thinking about a new Z400.

Old 06-07-2002, 03:33 PM
efg
Pro Rider

660RNH-I dont have to push my banshee out of a plane to beat your raptor!

Raptors are overrated-Before the raptors came out Every one thought the Raptor was the one to beat. Now for banshee owners the only other thing to beat Is other banshees!

Old 06-07-2002, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

And DS's and Quadzillas. In the near future c-dales too.

The banshee is not invincible.

Old 06-07-2002, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

maybe...but if we line up on a mx track you better light that fuse hanging out your ****. i don't think you'll enjoy the back of the pack with the other banshee's. in fact, i can't remeber the last time i saw a banshee win a moto in my neck of the woods.

i quess there suited for going in a straight line. by the way were's the pics/video's.

How come when the new quads get released...no-one compares them to banshee's except banshee owners. HHMMM?

Quick Reply: OK....wich one is faster! Raptor or Banshee