Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

What do you think of the new Bombardier two seater quad???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think that it fills a place in the market as well,
slow riding over hardpack, getting poeple to and from places, parade duty,
events, medical teams, guides, etc..
as long as it is designed for use os a 2 seater, and used with all the proper care,
it would be a lot safer than carrying 2 people on a quad designed for 1 person..
there are already rear seats that can strap to racks for that purpose..
I for one, don't believe that goverment should dictate unfairly laws to the public,
mainly brought about by folks in the insurance industry..

It probally won't fill a big market, but it is nice that it is there, (like a 2-3 seater PWC)
but no one groans about those, or a snowmobile that can carry 2..

it is all about perceptions..and due care..I think that the market for these are more toward folks that have a little more sense..the folks that would buy this are folks that are looking to fill a need to use it, a little diffrent than a dale, z400, 400ex, or regular utility..
I could be wrong, your milage may vary, no warranty either express or implied, all taxes enviromental fees not included, check with your local agenceys to see if this applies to you..etc..etc..

Old 06-08-2002, 09:43 PM
The Facility

3TV,

WHY I posted this question in the Yamaha forum and not the Bombardier forum was because of a few different reasons.

One reason is that it would be flooded with more posts similar to the one you posted. If I had posted this in the Bombardier forum, you don't get unbiased answers. Same thing happens here with Yamaha related questions.

Don't act arrogant just because I said something that you opposed to.

I have my opinion and you have yours. No harm done. That's what it's all about.

Why don't YOU post a similar question in the Bombardier forum if it bothers you that much. I didn't start this topic to start "anti" anything.

However, with those comments [about me and not Bombardier], it would seem you are the one looking for the trouble.

Old 06-09-2002, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

Dont want to take the wife on that probably scare the crap out of her cause shes not driving

Old 06-09-2002, 04:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Something about 2 big 240 pounds guys holding on to each other on a bomb turns my stomach. lol

The one about a big breasted female- I can see that, but that is where the smaller,sportier quads come in. Get a little closer to each other and be one with the machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2002, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

I dunno it may look diffrent and may flip easier than a ford explorer with firestones but it looks like something that my grandparents would want for hunting?!?

Old 06-09-2002, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

All it is going to take is two drunk bafoons, without helmets, to tip over and sue Bombardier... then that bad idea of a quad will be dropped from the model line-up faster than you can say "there's a mouse in my brew, eh!!!"

Old 06-09-2002, 09:36 PM
The Facility

3TV,

No harm...no foul. It appears we both misread each other's comments.

It's all good.

Old 06-10-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

I think that i would actually like to check that bike out...

Maybe it will be a good mudder!!! lol. It would be nice for me, in the fact, that i could go riding solo, rip-roar'n and when the wife wants to go, we could do the "putt putt" that she likes. I forked out 13K for two bikes and now wish that i had one that we could double on for the amount of time that she is on it. The only nice thing about having the TWO bikes, are i can compair mods and also let someone else ride as a loan'r.

Jonathan

Old 06-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If that thing survives with no law suits............you are gonna see all manufacturers doing the same thing...making a 2 seater quad! Although I don't like it, I can see a lot of people wanting one....I think it's gonna be a big hit! People double up anyway....may as well design a quad for doubling up. Now the wife/girlfriend can go along.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

<< Something about 2 big 240 pounds guys holding on to each other on a bomb turns my stomach. lol >>

Not a pretty sight.....give me the *****'s!

Old 06-10-2002, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

if all the snowmobile manufactures including bombardier make two up snowmobiles that top out at around 100 i think its all right for bomb to make a two seater quad that does half that speed

Quick Reply: What do you think of the new Bombardier two seater quad???