Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Nothing makes me madder!!! Griz brakes/milage

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2002, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted two notes last night and they were long!!! What the heck!?!?

lol

Well, i will combine both right now and see if it works.

1. What's the average milage (annual) that everyone gets on their bikes? Please name model and miles. Just curious.

For me, i am at 800+ miles and its only been a few months. I am just wondering if i will break 2000 a year? Geesh, that seems to be alot.

2. I was having a problem with my back brake. Yesterday, i went for a short 40 mile ride and when i came home, pulled into the garage and the hit the rear brake to stop.... GGGRRRRRIIIINNNNDDDD. The brake was making a sound like a manual tranny that had a bad clutch. Well, its now 1 am and i just got out of the garage (changing oil/filter/lube, etc) and looked at the rear brake. Now, mind you, i dont use my brake except to shift and for emergency stopping/down steep hills and the front pad of the rear brake is GONE! I still have half a pad left on the otherside. Would it be sand that is causing this? or a rock that was stuck up there? Heck, i dont know, just know that i have to buy a new set in the a.m.

What is the price of a set of pads?

Jonathan

Old 06-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You are probably right on the sand issue. The pads ride so close to the disk that sand gets in there a constantly wears away at it. You can purchase severe duty pads from some co. that are designed to hold up to mud, sand, and water. They help some but they are not a complete fix. You do have disk brakes right.?

Old 06-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

i am right there with ya frogman!!! i am in dier need of rear pads, and cant find them anywhere!!! they will cost me $50.00 for the pads, and $30.00 for shipping, lmao!!! good ol' yamaha at work there. anyone got a simple fix for the rear break pads? like, other sights to buy from, or better, and part match that would work?

my pictures

Old 06-09-2002, 12:38 AM
Pro Rider

Ward.... YUP, disk brakes front and back.

Ron,

Just to let you know, my dealer said that he can get the pads for 13 bucks (normal wear) or 23 bucks (heavy duty). If you want....i can order ya some and ship them to ya.... OR BETTER YET>>>>>>>come and get them!!! then we'll ride!

hehe

Jonathan

PS: He said, since it was just one pad...that it "must of been a factory defect" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So warranty is covering...hehe

Gotta love a good dealer.