Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

looking for part numbers for ferrea valves for raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know the numbers for stock size exhaust and 1mm over intakes?

Old 06-15-2002, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

I don't have the numbers your asking for, but I do believe that Sam Coe and Web Cam sells valves for the Rap. I also "know" that Trinity carries stainless over size valves.

Hope this helps some.

Old 06-15-2002, 06:46 PM
Pro Rider

Just found some mor einfo from Sudco

Sudco is proud to offer high performance engine valve sets manufactured in Japan to the highest quality standards by Fuji Valve.
Fuji is the largest valve maker in Japan and operates with technical assistance and under license of TRW. It is one of the leading O.E.M. suppliers to the motorcycle and automotive industries, and are the leading aftermarket motorcycle replacement parts companies in the world.
All valves feature advanced technology, stainless steel construction, and tuff tride treatment for a superior product with high resistance to wear, burn, oxidation and corrosion.
Stock replacement Intake and Exhaust Valves are available for all popular 4-stroke Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki applications. Valves are sold by each, order accordingly.

Old 06-15-2002, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

thanks for the info,i know the shops you talked about offered them but they seem to be priced from 45-65 dollars a peice.a local hill climber says he buys the ferrea valves for his big bore motors for about 15.00 bucks.if i can get numbers i can order them through a local automotive speed shop.swytak i had a question about the 720 kit your getting.is it coming from trinity and what did they say about reliability and its effect on engine cooling?i to am considering this.also wondering if your having the shop do the machine work?if i go with the 720 ill have a local shop do the machine work.

Old 06-16-2002, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

King,

Yea, sorry I didn't provide part #'s. I wasn't sure what you were getting at, if you just couldn't find valves or what, so I hope I helped some.

Regarding my 720, I should have it some time late this week or early next. I am WAY excited! I am having Trinity do the "ALL" of the work this time. Last time I just sent in the head and they supplied the cam, piston, etc. I look forward to giving a comparison of my original mild 686 with one larger intake valve -vs- my medium built 727 with all larger intake valves, higher comp piston, Carillo rod, 2002 gears and the FCR's.

For cooling, most everyone with a med 686 or 727 that I have spoken to, suggest setting up a toggle swith to the fan, thus allowing you to just flip the switch to ensure cooling when riding slower.

Reliabilty should definitely be there, especially with the Carillo rod (I won't make that mistake again). Time will tell and you can be sure that I will give a complete report on this particular set-up as soon as I have it all broken in. I also have scheduled time for as many dyno runs as I can get in 8 hours, this should allow me to get all the fine tuning and provide hp #'s and tourque curve. I will give a ride report within the next month, followed up with the dyno info soon after.

Swy