Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Bad Bad Day :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2002, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
I'm new to this post, Unfortunetly my first post will probably make you all kringe. 2 Months ago I bought a 2002 Limited Edition Raptor. I live in Ma and I brought it up to where I grew up in Northern Maine at my mothers place. I only rode it twice, but am going up for 2 weeks next Friday. I had my mothers boyfriend bring the Raptor in for its service, and the dealership left it outside WITH THE KEY IN IT!!!!! Well, I guess you can figure the rest out... its GONE!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

The dealer wants to replace it with a 2003 Blue one that he has, or he told me that he ordered a 2003 Limited Edition with the blue flame, but wasn't sure when it would be in. Looks like I'm going home for 2 weeks to no Raptor!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] (the reason I planned this whole vacation in the first place)

I'm bummin, hope I didn't bum you all out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2002, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your loss!

You may want to have your dealer look at the this post topic, currently on page 3 of this forum "Your Best Anti-theft Ideas". There are alot of good ideas that may keep this from happening in the future.

Good luck!

Old 06-22-2002, 04:46 PM
Trailblazer

Thanx swaytak,
I think the best anti-theft device here is for the dealer not to leave the bike outside with the key in it!!! haha... jeez.. what a maroooooooon!!!!

Erik

Old 06-22-2002, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear bout the loss. it really sucks when you plan something only to have it messed up by someone elses ignorance. the up side is he is replacing it with a newer quad. i would hold out for the limited addition, if you can bear it!
good luck!!

my pictures

Old 06-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Tell him you want the Black and Red model instead. And because of his ignorance you want new GYTR skids all around, a Pro design K&N filter with flange. A dyno jet kit and the exaughst system of your choice. I'll bet you can get some of this if your persistent.

Old 06-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Trailblazer

haha I like the way you think wshrdskin. I'm gonna get something out of it, because even though he is replacing the quad with a 2003 model, it still screwed up my whole vaca plans [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

He didn't have the black and red one either in stock, only blue.

HEY! if any of you know a dealership that has the 2003 Limited Edition with the blue flames, let me know, I can have him get it from that dealer!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

I sucks when stuff gets stolen. I'm still fighting with my ins company about my 00 banshee that was stolen. State farm claims department sucks.

Old 06-22-2002, 11:45 PM
Pro Rider

Stolenraptor

Is the bike going to be there before you go on vacation?
If not make him pay your loss for the vacation.....

Also make the dealer throw extra stuffs and make them suffer!!!!!!

Bill

Old 06-22-2002, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

Hi desracers

No, I called him today, he has a 2003 in blue, but I bought the 2002 Limited Edition because I liked the black. He said that he has one of the 2003 Limited Editions which is pure black like the 2002, but has the blue flame which I think looks pretty cool. But, he is not sure when that one will be coming in, and I'm headed up there for vacation next Friday [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I plan on making him give me some sort of comp for this, definetly. He's giving me a new model bike, but he has to do that, he's not really doing me any favors, plus he's insured for that. So, he's gonna have to do something special for me seeing how I'm losing my riding vacation time..

Just not sure what to hit him up for yet, not to mention I'm gonna have to make another trip up there when the new bike comes in for the paperwork etc. and its an 8 hour drive 1 way. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Erik

Old 06-23-2002, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider

jfboy, yeah i hear you about state farm, was going to get insurance on all 3 of ours but they will only give pennys for what you have in it. they don't care if it has a 350 chevy stuffed in it, all they will give you is what their little book says to. then if its a few years old they have to devalue it for its age. what @#$$!! 3 good chains, two dogs and a loaded ruger is a whole lot better way to go.

stolenraptor

hold out for the limited edition you'll be happier that you did