Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

DONT RIDE ALONE! todays lil adventure

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2002, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL, i dont work on/with the grizzly. Remember, i am the "one-legg'd bandit"!

I retired from the service in 95 due to medical reasons. ie: leg, back, several other things...lol

I ride almost every weekend, and sometimes through the week. An average trip is anywhere from 25-75 miles. There are just SOOO many places to go up here.
AND as i have said before....YOU name the time, i will show ya the mud!

Jonathan

Old 06-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Frogman, GLAD to here your alright.
This is one story that you can tell the Grandchildren for sure. I'm sure you will have a few, Before you get around telling the wife.lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 06-24-2002, 09:19 PM
Trailblazer

Jonathan,
What why are you clearing trail for me? You'll do anything to get out of a ride... I may be able to go one night after work, It looks like the weather is supposed to be nice like wendsday or so. Maybe shoot for thursday night, about 5PM?

Old 06-24-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

LMFAO,

Yup, ya know me...i hate riding...i flipped her just so i did have to go riding with you!!! hehe

Thursday evening would be great...

HEY, we are doing a ride from Ishpeming Wednesday night around 6pm from the dealer. Bunch of us are getting together and heading up the powerline and around....its about 30 so miles. Will end up at the American Legion for a drink/food, which is only 4 mi from the dealer....amazing how ya can go 30+ miles to a place that is only 4 mi down the road!!!! hehe

Would ya like to go? and YES, i will go on Thursday....meeting at the crossroads bar/grill right?

You better get the mods done on your bike before then, so i can see if they work!!!! I called BSA and Myers about that air filter...OMG!!! that thing is expensive....70-100 bucks!

Think i will hold off on that for a while.

Jonathan

Old 06-24-2002, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

Some times 1 leg is better than 2!!
Glad you came out ok!

Old 06-26-2002, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Frogman,
I wish I would've read this post before I had some similar episodes. I was out riding my Arctic Cat one afternoon, when a rock jumped out from behind a small tuft of grass and grabbed my right front wheel, vaulting me up and over the bars. I survived that one OK, I landed on my head.
I sold the Cat and got a Raptor. I went out near where I live to try out the new pipe performance. About five minutes into the ride, I was climbing a steep, soft sand trail (a bit technical). Just tractoring up, trying to control tire speed. Well don't yah know when I get to the top, the deep, soft sand was replaced with a steeper hard pack. That Raptor had me looking at blue sky with about a half of a second to decide how to dismount. It wasn't enough time, so like I told my friends, I took one for the team and let it roll right over the top of me striaght back. I think I went over twice before I could put a leg down and stop it from getting too expensive. One hell of a wake up call.....whew.
Hurt my ego more than anything.

Old 06-26-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

NOW SEE THERE!!!!

That should be in a different post!!! Great story, and glad you werent hurt...but those do make the best stories...eh?!?! hehe

THANK YOU sooo much for sharing....

Would love to read stories of adventures/misfortunes all the time....guess i am glad that i dont though....to many hospital bills that way! lol

Thanks again for sharing your experience....i HATE when rocks jump out from nowhere!

Jonathan