Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2002, 07:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,i have a 03 raptor660 and i just got a new gyt-r graphics kit and seat cover from troy-racing and they told me to take the seat cover to the upholstery shop. i was just wondering if i could do this myself and if i could how would i do it. any info would be appreciated.

Old 07-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can do it yourself if you have the time. You will need to purchase a heavy duty upholstry (or equivilent) stapler, a standard unit will probably pull out. You will need a heat gun and some way to secure it while you tug & stretch out the wrinkles.

Or you can take in and have it professionally done and spend $15 to $25 to have it done without the hassles. You will need to have the seat done first BEFORE you put on the graphics kit. It will help getting things lined up correctly. Also, get yourself a bottle of Windex and hose down your cleaned plastic and your new graphics before you apply them. It will give you time to move the graphics around and line them up before they stick. Be sure to rub out all or as many bubbles as you can. You will probably miss a few (like I did), but a needle hole later and more rubbing and they will be gone too.

Good luck. If you want to see how mine turned out, just go to my Photos page and look at "My Raptor"

GregV