Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wake my raptor!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered new pilots today, 25's and 27.5's but won,t get a chance to try them until tuesday. If that don,t work I,ll probably cover the holes and see if I can get the power back. This is really doing a number on my nerves. If neither of these work the next adjustment I,ll do will be with a 20lb sledge hammer. I,ll keep you posted. Anyone else with any suggestions would be greatly appeciated.

Old 07-12-2002, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

WTF!!! Spacollie whered you get thems pilot jets?? I need some to.
Thanks in advance!

Old 07-12-2002, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider

Hey ctraptor guy, don,t thank nothin yet. I just hope they work.Keep fixin it till its broke!

Old 07-13-2002, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Chimmer is right, I run no air box lid and can tell a huge difference down low, but thats the trade off, I gained top end at a loss on the bottom, now when i put the lid on it is awsome down low, but weak on the top. I also like it better with no lid, It seems to work best for my riding style. I would say with the uni-vents, you will have a very hard time finding your bottom end the way it was before them.

Old 07-13-2002, 05:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The biggest improvement you can make would be to dump the ct pipe. I have never seen one run right yet! We have run against 4, and all 4 were dissapointed. They were all bragging on there 50 hp pipes when the T-4 and GYRT slip-on waved bye,bye to them. That pipe seems to be REAL HARD to jet. Good customer service to boot. lol

Old 07-13-2002, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

Dude 14mins STFU!
We all know the 5hp pipes T-4, GYRT, Trinity, HMF, and FMF aren't hard to jet. But when you bolt on 12-15hp its a different story. Oh and Btw I thought you were gonna tear up your little four stroke wars with your trinity pipe, Wait a sec did you even win a race??? Don't you run Alky??? Dude you guy's got creamed by those DS's.

Old 07-13-2002, 08:11 PM
Elite Pro Rider

CT- won more than i lost, and i do not run alky. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] The DS760 was the big winner that day, followed by a DS720 with nos. Then it was raptor,raptor, Ds, raptor raptor, something, something, something, 400ex(440ex actually) polaris with nos, something something. I think the CT raptor tied the suzuki Z400 with the yosh pipe. I can send you the real world dyno sheet for your CT pipe if you wish.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Don't get pissy with me cause the pipe don't deliver. I can give you the forum members with the CT pipes in question if you wish that i ride with. Some do not run that pipe no more. How many raptors and pipe combo's have you seen, ridden,raced? I have seen them all!!!
WE have a 100 percent stock raptor nicknamed the "Trailer Queen" that has sent many a piped raptor crawling home for momma, not just the CT. You should have come down and run against my trinty raptor. I would have spotted you 15 lengths at the start to make it fun!BTW my quads generally back up my typewriter.

Old 07-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

LOL!!! My pipe don't deliver. Bahahahahaha its your Trinity pipe that don't deliver, as we can all see that you didn't say anything about your bolt-on 5hp pipe. And when you said

<< The DS760 was the big winner that day, followed by a DS720 with nos. Then it was raptor,raptor, Ds, raptor raptor, something, something, something, 400ex(440ex actually) polaris with nos, something something. >>

You were that last something huh. And another thing I have the dyno of my CT piped Raptor, It's dyno'd from two place's CT @ 49.7, and the one in Palm Springs @ 48.9. You know it's also kinda sad when you wanna race a 660, when you have a 686 w/ a higher compression piston. Is that what you like to do pick on the ones with the smaller displacement???

And Hey 14mins, Your time has just run up.

Old 07-13-2002, 11:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

CT- The track is always open at my place, so bring it on down if you think you are so fast! LOL If you even own a raptor. The facts are facts and CT is NO BETTER than the rest. It has been our observation that it is actually behind most pipes. Reading thru this tread it is obvious that CT offers little in customer services. Without digging up the pipe shoot out thread that you did not participate in, you would understand the problems associated with the pipe. I have 32 dyno runs in front of me of varios combo's. The dyno runs were done on the same day. The CT did not live up to the owners expectations. I have tried many, been around many raptors and combo's to know what works and does not, to listen to a wannabe talking out his a$$. Last i was not fool. I did not have the chance to make as many runs as i would have liked due to the fact i was keeping the event flowing. You should have made the trip because 75 modded machines did. You would have learned some valueble info to use now at in the future instead of guessing and posting on the net!! I have made my share of dune trips and not seen this many fast quads in one group. My Trinity raptor runs great, faster than most and i have customer support if i need it! The trinity pipe is great smooth power from top to bottom. The GYRT (the 5 hp pipe) has spanked them all before it became a 686. It served the 686 fine also, i just wanted a change. It is the 5th different pipe that has been on MY raptor. I might try most that are out there. I have been in the motor of the raptor a few times trying different ideas and products to see what works best. If i can save someone some $$ be offering advice on products that i have bought/tried/been around i will. To listen to a wannabe that may or may not have a raptor proclaiming this and that is the way to go that has tried only a pipe, and never seen another quad, I think not.

Old 07-14-2002, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Ding!Ding!Ding!Break it boy,s. Your not really helping nothin with the problem I got goin on here. A 686 kit was the next step in my &quot;fix it till it,s broke&quot; tuning process. But until then I have to work out this problem. So what you guys are telling me is that there is no way that I can have the both of best worlds? I do love big bottom but heavy top is good to. I dont know what the fork to do. Tomorrow I get to play around with it a bit so maybe I can work something out?????? So it is tottally useless to fork with the pilots?Anymore info would be appreciated.

By the way. The ct pipe stays but trinity were by far the most helpful.

Quick Reply: wake my raptor!