Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Should I use Dynojets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am having a Pro Circuit T4 slip on installed on Friday and I am going to have it rejeted while it is in the shop. My question is, should I use the Dyno jets, or the Mukuni jets? I have heard that the mukuni jets may be better, but I don't know. Can you guys please help me out, and quickly, like I said I'm taking it in on Friday!

Old 07-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I had the DynoJets and didn't notice much if any improvement, I am back to mukuni's now.

I'd spend the $60-$80 on some other mod.

Just my oppinion, I have heard of other people that seem to like them. Some say that mukuni's are better for top end and that the DynoJets improve low to mid range. Maybe the 2 day's at the Dyno Shop trying to get it working right soured me on them, but I really never got what I was expecting using them.

Old 07-11-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Yea, if you look on down the topics you will see a thread talking about DynoJet. You think it's faster because your brain tells you that it's faster because your wallet is lighter. Or something like that, it's a neurological thing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-11-2002, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yea, GregV, That's what I have been hearing. I talked to one of the mechanics, and he said not to waste the money on the DynoJet kit, He said that he would just toss most of the stuff in the trash anyway, and only use a couple of parts. He said that he could jet it just using the stock Mukuni jets I guess, and make it work well. But the parts guy's swore up and down that I would want the Dyno Jet kit, that it would not be jetted correctly unless I had them install the whole DynoJet kit, most likely because they want the sale. Anyway, I know allot of people on here are running the DynoJets, and I assume that they like them, but I would like to here from some of them. I don't mind spending the money if they make a difference, but if the stock Mukuni jets work just as good or from what I hear even better, than I would rather buy them. More important than the money, is the performance that I am trying to obtain.

Old 07-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Range Rover

I have the dyno jet kit and i like it alot, was spot on with my bike. yes you are correct that there is some stuff you do not use with the kit because it gives you different jets for different altitudes and set-ups.you are talking about wasting your money on this kit,but i feal you are loosing money by taking it to the shop to have this done.you can easily do this yourself beleive me its not that hard. there was a good article on it somewhere that had pictures and step by step instructions on how to do it if someone knows where this article was i don't remember. The dyno jet kit will tell you what to do and what size jets to use.can you achieve this with mukuni jets? well sure you can it all comes down to preference.i was in the same boat as you are deciding wich one and i went with the dyno jet and im very happy. but man i tell you do not be scared to try and do this yourself its not that bad and you will save alot of money over taking it to the dealer.

Old 07-11-2002, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Rob660, I know that I could probably do it myself, and save some money, but I live in Vegas, and right now the average temp outside is 110 degrees! I don't even want to go out and ride, because it is to hot, so I defiantly don't want to have a heat stroke while jetting and replacing the exhaust. I need to take my Raptor in for the initial 10-hour service, so I figured that I would just have them do it while they are doing the 10-hour. I think I am just getting lazy in my old age. I'm not that concerned about the cost of the DynoJet kit, I just didn't want to spend the money on it, if I could get better results with the stock Mukuni jets. I had read a post today that was complaining about the DynoJet kits, and I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't making a mistake.

Old 07-11-2002, 01:58 AM
Range Rover

man that is hot lol. my opinion is that you see mmore posts of people liking this kit then you do people disliking it.My friend that i ride with swears on just changing the mains and saving money hell i guess i just got alot to spend lol i wish. I will tell you one thing though you can get better information from these posts then the local shop atleast that goes for the shops around my house.heck there shouldn't be to much service they have to do after only 10 hours i usually wait till 20. I would recommend learning how to do alot of this stuff yourself so you know what you are doing to your bike and know it is being done right.use your money to get aftermarket stuff.but i do like working on my bike gets me out of the house.i don't mean to harp on doing it yourself but i just don't like giving money to other people if you can do it yourself without alot of problems but that is just me.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I really don't know if the jets are different or make a difference. I put my Yosh pipe on before I got my jet kit and used mikuni jets 150/155 per the instructions, did air box mods turned airscrews. It ran fine. When I got the Dyno Jet kit I used their instructions and rejetted using there (for my altitude) jets 146/148. I think what you are after in the kit is the needles more than the jets (JMO). They are ground a lot narrower compared to stock and allow more fuel to flow through the carbs. Then you will get an assortment of jets incase you go to a diffrent alitude riding area and need to rejet, you have them.
Hope this helps.

Old 07-11-2002, 06:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I've used dynojet in several bikes now, and liked its performance in every one. No, there really isn't a top end power gain, but what you do get if you tune it right is much better throttle response and more consistant fuel/air mixture throughout the entire rev. Less hesitation off the line, better hillshooting response, etc. The Dynojet needle is where the engineering is, and why you have to pay so much.

You need to use Dynojet mains with Dynojet needles, and Mikuni mains with Mikuni needles - don't mix the two or you won't get what you should out of it. The Dynojet mains do not have the same hole size as a Mikuni main of the same size # - the numbers do not represent the same thing.

I even put a kit in my arctic cat utility - equally impressive. I know people with Dynojets in their Raptors who are equally impressed.

Old 07-11-2002, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider

Hey rob660,

The jetting photos you are talking about are probably mine. Just click on my "Photos" link below and you will find it.

I should probably clearify that while I was using the DynoJet kit I didn't have any problems and everything seemed fine. I installed them at the same time that I went to my Yosh pipe. When I gave up on bolt-ons to give me what I was looking for and went with the Trinity 686 Kit they told me to go back to my stock needles and jets. They said that they had better luck with them on the big bore engines. That is why I switched.

Quick Reply: Should I use Dynojets?