Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

These are the coolest side panel mods......

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2002, 09:53 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I was on another forum looking for some ideas for side panel mods for the grizz, and I found an old post from a guy named arlan. These look AWESOME. Check it out, and if anyone has any similar ideas/examples, I'd love to know about them before I start cuttin!
Smokin side panels

Old 07-17-2002, 12:19 PM
MK
Weekend Warrior

That is by far the coolest side panel mod I have seen yet. I haven't cut mine yet and have been thinking there had to be a sweet way to make the vents, that is definately one way!

Old 07-17-2002, 02:13 PM
MK
Weekend Warrior

OK here's what I want to do for my side panel vents. I want to make them look like a Grizzly swiped them with his claws. Hhmm now if I just had an artistic bone in my body I could maybe pull that one off. Dam why didn't my brain ever develop on the right side?? Maybe I just look for some stickers like that and cut out the middle of each claw swipe... or get some of those bullet hole stickers that have a black center to them and just drill out that center and use a black vented plastic to cover the hole, that would be pretty cool too.

Old 07-17-2002, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

Those are SWEET. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It is nice to know that the side panels only cost 18 bucks...i think alot more will be coming up with some nice cut-outs!

Jonathan

Old 07-17-2002, 10:33 PM
Range Rover

Claw swipes.....MK, that is one hell of an idea ! (mind if I steal, er..um.....use it?) I think I know where I could download an image like what you are talking about, but it'll have to wait until Fri when I can use the net at work (LAN vs 56k, you see why!) If I find one I will post on this forum and maybe I can E-mail them to you. GREAT SUGGESTION! Keep 'em coming!

Old 07-18-2002, 01:48 PM
MK
Weekend Warrior

If you come across some kind of an image could you please post a link to it or email me with it. I kind of have an image of what I want the claw marks to resemble but I don't have the "artisitc" ability to get it down on paper to be able to transfer the outline onto the side panels. I can't find anything on the internet either, which is stupid cause I know it's out there somewhere. Even if I find anything that resembles what I am picturing in my mind it would help. I have a neighbor who is an unbelievable artist and I think I may ask him to freehand the marks onto my panels. I think I might try to Rotozip them out or use a razor knife of some sort. Let me know if you find anything. Hey if I get a cool pattern maybe I'll market them! I think they'd sell, maybe.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:14 PM
Range Rover

ok, I give up. anyone else have an idea aas to where I can find a graphic to download of some claw marks?

Old 07-24-2002, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

I recently saw a sign (Kodiac crossing) for Kodiac chewing tobacco (snuff?) that had "claw swipes" in them, They looked cool! I dont know where you could find them on line but I saw the sign at a smoke shop last week.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:46 PM
MK
Weekend Warrior

HAH! I'm not the only one who failed to find something on the internet. I was so sure there were a million pictures out there, NOT! I couldn't come across a single one that was even remotely worth downloading. I was thining of asking my highly artistic neighbor to draw me a pattern. I know you can contact any number of the sticker companies and have them custom make stuff for you. But you ought to be able to find this stuff for free. I don't want to pay for it. If I come across anything I will post a reply or send something electronic. I was thinking claw marks with a red screen-like material background. I know the stickers I have seen out there somewhere are so believable or realistic because they are 3-D. It may be hard to get that same effect with this type of application, dunno, maybe, maybe not?

Old 08-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK, I have completed my side panel mods. I think they look great, not sure how effective they are going to be yet, I think I will consider these my first prototype. They should be in my signature, if not go to Side Panels

Quick Reply: These are the coolest side panel mods......