Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity 686 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Swytak- I am probably looking to put this thing in within the next month or so. I,m gonna call trinity tomorrow to get more details on the whole thing. I really need to get this fix. It hurts and I can,t stop shaking.

Old 07-22-2002, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

Right now they are 3-4 weeks out if you dont want/need carbs. You can get either low compression or high compression 686/720 motors. High compression means you'll need minimum 50% race gas in your gas mix along with the standard pump 92 octane. low compression will get you by with 92 pump gas. You cant use race gas in a low compression to cut corners, it wont detonate correctly and you will lose power.

Michael

Old 07-22-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

Swytak - It's a simple process, isn't it? I figured I could do the work my self in 2 or 3 hours, or, I mean years! Just messing around. That's why Trinity will do all the work, and I will happily fork over some cash to get it done. I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to someone about the kit, so I can get a price nailed down. I remember your post from before now about the carillo rod...it was a few hundred dollars more for it. I am willing to pay a little more for better parts. Aren't you getting a 727 built? I seem to remember you were in the process of having that done. Now that's some serious power! So, if you where recommending this kit to someone on a budget, you think I should go with stainless all around, and get a carillo rod, right?

wshrdskin - Auburn and Anaheim are about 10 hours apart. I do business in the area sometimes, so I might drop the whole damn thing off, and come pick it up when they're done. Then I don't have to go in the garage and see my baby with it's guts hanging out for the next 4-6 weeks.

MichaelAZ & Anyone I misinformed - sorry, I mis-quoted that FCR price, it's listed on their site for 1199.00. That's weird, I would of swore it was 1999 last night when I was looking, because that price just floored me. Here's the link:

http://www.trinityracingproducts.com/fcrflatslidc.html

Thanks for everyone's replys to my message. I was looking through previous posts, and after about 1000 messages, I decided to start a new thread. I just couldn't keep reading.

Old 07-22-2002, 01:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Trinity is the place to get your 686 or 727. Harry and the crew do it right. Good companies are hard to find nowadays, Trinity is great. Go with what works. They do more 686's than all the rest combined. There is saftey in numbers. Do you want a 1st timer or a company that has done hundreds?????????

Old 07-22-2002, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

14mins - I wouldn't consider any other company. I have seen nothing but praise on this forum for Trinity. And you are right, it is rare anymore to find a company that is worth dealing with. With all the praise I have seen for Trinity, I wouldn't go with anyone else. Even if someone promised me a 690 that put out 80 hp, at half the price. I am always willing to pay a few extra bucks to get the service that comes along with a product. I have my own business, and that's why I have so many customers that won't try anyone else. I am not the cheapest, but I stand 100% behind my work. It looks like Trinity is uses a similar business model!

Thanks everyone for the input. As always, I can lean on the people in this forum that have been through it already. One of these days I hope to meet some of you.

Thanks!

Old 07-22-2002, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

BlueRulez,

Swytak - It's a simple process, isn't it? I figured I could do the work my self in 2 or 3 hours, or, I mean years! Just messing around. That's why Trinity will do all the work, and I will happily fork over some cash to get it done. I'm going to call tomorrow and talk to someone about the kit, so I can get a price nailed down. I remember your post from before now about the carillo rod...it was a few hundred dollars more for it. I am willing to pay a little more for better parts. Aren't you getting a 727 built? I seem to remember you were in the process of having that done. Now that's some serious power! So, if you where recommending this kit to someone on a budget, you think I should go with stainless all around, and get a carillo rod, right?

There are going to be some variables that you should discuss with Trinity. I would DEFINATELY say YES for going stainless on all the valves (money well spent).

On the Carillo rod, is where you need to think. If your going 686 the cases don't have to be split, but the 727 they do. So, if you decide on the Carillo rod your cases will have to be split, almost makes sense to go 727 (or vise versa). I suggest you ask Trinity what they would charge you to install the Carillo rod on a 686 before committing. The labor will be a factor on the Carillo install for a 686, because the cases will only be split for the rod installation, see?

Talk this over with Trinity and see what you can agree upon with them.

AND AFTER READING THE REPLY FROM raptor720 on THE FORTIN GEARS POST, you should ask them about the 02 trans and trans options. Read the post for the info! Unfortunately, I am not too happy to hear what was said (as you can see from my reply there)! Definately something to ask ALOT OF QUESTIONS WITH TRINTIY ABOUT, MAKE SURE TO ASK!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2002, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

BluRulz,
Where do you ride up there? My brother lives in Roseville and I'll be going up there in August, I was debating bringing the bikes. If I knew there was some cool places to ride without too much hassle I'll bring them. Just a note, my KX 250 is red sticker no sparky.
Thanks

Old 07-22-2002, 12:40 PM
Pro Rider

swytak- I'll talk with Trinity and see what they can do for me. I would of gone for the 727 kit, but I just can't afford it right now, unless trinity has some great deal that can throw together. Just the additional 1199 for the FCR's puts it over the top for me. I dunno, I am considering waiting an additional couple of months, saving more money, and just going with the 727 kit. What have you heard about the 727 as far as being reliable? The 686 seems to of been time tested now, but I don't see many 727 kits. Although, in their advertising, Trinity basically says the 727 kit is as big as you can go and still have reliability. I wouldn't think they'd build something that isn't reliable. But I imagine with it all said and done, I would be looking at an easy $4000 plus in cost. I'll call and talk with Trinity and see what it will cost me. Thanks for your help...

Hi Yoshraptor - There are some fun places to ride. It's all trail riding, but fun. Another 3 1/2 hours up the road, and you can get to Sand Mountain in Nevada. Also, it's in the Tahoe National Forest, so you'd need an SA. With the fire season in full swing, I wouldn't want to see anyone get caught up there without an SA, or worse, burn the place down. PM me if you're still interested. We'd have a blast on the trails. On weekdays you have the place to yourself.

Old 07-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Swytak-

I just read the post regrading the fortin gears, and the 02 tranny. I didn't see any further replies in that post. Is there any further evidence about the 02 tranny and 3rd gear? I mean, ****, I held out for an extra couple of months, and bought an 02 because of the tranny problems with the 01. That's the first post I have ever heard of that type of problem. I will ask Trinity when I talk with them.

BTW - How's that 727 feel compared to your 686? Do you really feel the difference of the 7hp + that it generates?

Thanks