dirtwheels (Z-400 vs. Raptor)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< MESSAGE TO RAPTOR HATERS:

Puncuation is your friend.
>>

I'm making fun of people for typing like *** and then I forget the &quot;t&quot; in punctuation.

Doh!!

Old 08-04-2002, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider

<< I'm just lettin everybody know cuz the raptor's only good for goin in a straight line. >>

I hope you don't think that is what I was saying.

Old 08-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

I like the Raptor, I really like the new Z. But there is a new bad boy in town that has a lower center of gravity, a wider stance, a smooth running motor that revs better than a DS without a limiter, comes with good shocks and a chrome moly axle as standard equipment. I just rode one at the Polaris dealer show.
..... These are all good quads, no, they are all great quads. Both the Raptor and the Z need a wider and stronger rear axle, and better front shocks, at least, but that is no big deal.
..... I can't figure out what the Predator's weak spot is, but there will be one. IT does weigh more than the Raptor, but I suspect a Raptor with good tires and a wider axle would weigh as much. The Z has a weight advantage for sure. The Raptor has a potential horsepower advantage by virtue of its displacement.
.....The Predator is the best bang for the buck, is lower and wider with a fantastic new steering linkage which gives it a handling advantage over everything, even the 400EX.
.....Bottom line, my son wants to trade in his Raptor for a Z, I am going to sell my two DS's and get a Predator. It's all good. Let this argument be settled on the track or trail.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 08-04-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Don't get too wound up over the Predator, it's still a Polaris you know!

Old 08-04-2002, 08:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

HEY for all of you falling for the z-400 hype! and the predator hype!!
I have some stocks id like to sell you because if you will fall for this crap you will fall for any thing.the facts are the the ds was developed over a six year period.and they masterd it before it arrived no one new what hit them.the raptor was rushed in one year BUT has had two years to correct there problems.and they are worthy!! but neither of these manufactures have ever realy competed and i dont think they know what there doing now. Ive heard the z-400 has a proven engine ive never seen them proveing anything as im slaughtering them with my yz 426 F. and as for polaris no matter what any one trys to say they don't hold together very well and overnight they have become a contender OH YEA!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

PS Don't talk crap to me line up with me!!!

Old 08-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

Just my .02 worth,

Me and the riders in the club are unbiased when it comes to preferance, but! We have Raptor riders that cannot even come close to mine or other riders of C'dales. An allout ***** to wall drag race proves the point. We even took it a step further, Rode the pipeline (Sand and mud) and did a scramble through tight woods. Hands down C'Dale.

My point is this, Like what you ride, and ride what you feel comfortable on.

This is not a Ford, Chevy, Dodge thing. Although I prefer FORD. LOL

Old 08-04-2002, 09:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Can't say much for your taste in quads.BUT GOD BLESS YOUR FORD LOVING HEART! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]