Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

dirtwheels (Z-400 vs. Raptor)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well this is not a new topic really but here I go anyway.

The Z-400 is the new machine so I guess you have to give Suzuki some credit for getting back into the sport arena, but Im not very pleased with the results of this shootout. The final answer was that the Z-400 is the better machine because it cost $800.00 less than a Raptor. If this is your deciding factor your in the wrong sport. Yes I read the whole shootout. The said it handled better on the track and its not as tippy as a Raptor. Put 660cc in the frame and lets see if it gets a little tippy(they just about copied the 400ex frame from the rest of the reviews so it better handle). It jumped better in the dunes well when you dont have the power to hit it big of coures it will feel like it jumps better. There are a hundred other things to say on this but ......

Im not relly trying to rag on the Z-400 but this is just a poor shootout from what I saw. Its CRAZY I even read (about a month ago)that the dunlop tires were made Specific for the Z-400. Thats Odd the same tires came out for the Raptor in 01. I hope the Z-400 sells well for Suzuki in all honesty, But lets not sell the farm yet.

And before I go yes I have had a chance to throw a leg over the Z-400 it seemed like a good machine. I think that the Raptor in much more though. Oh well let me have it guys im sure it must be me thats wrong. (I have a tend to get blasted in here when I speak my mind)

Old 07-21-2002, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

I dont think they add up the results right. The cannondale vs. z400 results had to be rigged, unless the price of course. But if the price is the deciding factor, then why even bother riding the quads. Just becuz its $500 less doesnt mean thats the one you want.

Old 07-22-2002, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer

So basically you are whining over the results???

Why would the raptor be the winner??? Just cause it is slightly faster in a straight line drag with a 660 engine...what a stunner!...so what

The Z is the obvious winner in an ALL-AROUND shoot out.
I just wish I could buy both quads because they are both great, I like them both...I have decided on the Z because of price and I am a Suzuki fan...thats it.
I think they should downsize the raptor to a 400-450 next year...that would be great.

Old 07-22-2002, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

OMG Zman you actually believe that hype?!?
Do you also believe a Z can beat a C'Dale on a MX track Like DW said!!
If you do I've got some prime swamp land I'd like to talk to you about!! LMAO!

Old 07-22-2002, 03:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider

The Z is great for a back up quad or for the wife and kids. A toy that you plan to keep for many years. It would be stupid to buy on price alone. I have ridden the Z a lot. If the raptor did not exist i would own one. The only thing that i thought a z did better than a raptor was find neutral. Dirtwheeels blows. The Z will have a short run of glory. The predator is going to kick everybodies butt. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL The money should not be a issue between the z and raptor or the raptor and cannondale. I see lots of quads out there with more than 10k in them. If the money is that big a deal, cancel the dirtwheels mag for 15 a year.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:08 AM
Pro Rider

You should go and read this shootout again.
The z was not really rated better. The raptor is a FAR BETTER MACHINE.

Old 07-22-2002, 11:14 AM
Pro Rider

You guy's need to wake up. Can't you read...the z is the winner! two times I might add. destroying all competition. Whens the last time 14mins jumped out of a helicopter with his 686? exactly. and lets just say he could...then what? at some point he's gonna have to turn. and when he does...he's gonna Tip right over.

Come on raptor owners admit it, You all ride the special bus to work/school from tipping over on your Raptors all weekend. you all drink from sippy cups.

Anyways i'm getting off track here. i would like to address the ignorant remark from rraptor13 regarding the Z's dunlop tires. It is an established FACT that Dunlop made special tires for the Z. Instead of cutting corners like YAMAHA...suzuki made it a point to have special anti-tipping-inhibitors added to the rubber.

Who the hell do you guys think you are to question genious anyways? Your punch drunk from riding your tippy Raptors.

Allen Greenspan plans on riding a Z into wallstreet tommorow...when this market turns around...i don't want to see your posts apologizing. It's to late...your post will bear witness to your ignorance.

All hail the Z!

Old 07-22-2002, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

RNH you are too funny! LOL

Old 07-22-2002, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Raptor660RNH,
You said it better than I could lol. I just find it entertaining the way DW caught a picture of the three quads in the air being lead by the Z. If I had to muy a something other than the Raptor, it would've been the C'dale. I like them all, but I don't believe DW. Maybe DW should stand for Dillusional Wheels.
Buy what you want/afford, they'll all get better with time.

Old 07-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Pro Rider

Reminder to self: Get typeing/spelling lessons [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: dirtwheels (Z-400 vs. Raptor)