Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Carb Adjustment on Grizz 660

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 02:43 PM
MK
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I pulled my plug after the first 20 hours and it is black. I have no mods to the machine. Can anyone please tell me what I need to do to lean it out. Which jet do I need to adjust. Yes I am carburetor semi-illiterate, why do you ask? However, I want to learn. I reviewed different web sites including this one, as well as my manual. But I still couldn't find anything that was specific to the Mikuni BSR carb that is on the Grizz, and I saw no sense in using tuning tips from a different carb as it would be my first time. I also have the Grizz CD, this is great for identifying the proper parts, but does nothing for trouble shooting the carb. I really can't afford to pay my dealer $70/hr to tune it up and I really would like to learn to do it myself anyway, I just have never done it and am at least smart enough to know I don't want to go tearing into a carb I know very little about without knowing a little more. The answer I am not looking for is to take it to my dealer either. Everyone has to learn some how.

Thank you in advance for your help and patience.