Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Vaccine For YELLOW FEVER

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 07:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it seems that the Z-400 has had it's two months in the sun. I was told by my Polaris Dealer that the new Predator 500 is going to retail for $5999 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]'

They are not supposed to reach the dealers for another month or two, so Suzuki had better sell all that they can now.

The price is will be too close for the money VS performance argument.

Old 08-05-2002, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

How do you like your Yoshi & Trinity?

Old 08-06-2002, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

I am very pleased with them. I noticed a little performance with the pipe and re-jet.......But the Trinity alteration, there was no mistaking I had a different machine under me.

I would have left it alone if I didn't have riding Buddies that were faster than me. But I guess that's how it all starts doesn't it. I guess I could have been content.........who am I tring fool, I wanted to thrash their Candy-Canondale *****. Ha ha...........why not, they enjoyed thrashing me.

Keep yours stock for awhile and make sure that you NEED more power. You won't believe how much you will have invested in mods if you don't watch yourself.

The Black and Red combo does look great, I went to all black plastic and a custom graphics kit on mine. Check it out if you like. As far as the mechanical end of things "Cole", check out some of my other folders there. One of them may be of service to you some day.

Enjoy your Raptor Kooch.

Old 08-06-2002, 12:40 AM
Trailblazer

I love the light covers and yer grill. I'd like to know where you got hooked up with those.The stainless yosh looks sweet too. Do I have to worry about stock A arms not standing up to the stress of jumping an landing?

Old 08-06-2002, 06:39 AM
Pro Rider

Ha ha.......Stay away from trees and you will be fine. It will depend on how much you jump. I do some, but not enough to stress the A-arms that much.

It's all about the money, unless you race your quad you will be fine for a long time.

Old 08-06-2002, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer

You all keep me entertained throughout the day. Can't wait to see all the flaming threads when someone says that they have a predator and they beat a Raptor. Some of the comments on those threads are quite funny.

Old 08-06-2002, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt think that the predator would be that cheap because it has a lot of nice stuff on it for stock and polaris usually seems to be a lil more expensive but i hope it is only 5999$$$$$.And what are you talkin about obud.....people are already saying how much better the predator is!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-07-2002, 10:29 AM
Trailblazer

Peltrax, good point, I have seen a few posts about that no that you mention it. It is funny how everyone gets so touchy about defending their quad. My philosophy is if you don't like my quad so what, I do, and that's all that matters. To each his own.

Old 08-07-2002, 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah,everyone should just ride there 4 wheeler and be happy with it,being competitive is ok,but if the only reason your buying your 4 wheeler is too be kool and beat someone you shouldnt be buying it!

Old 08-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Pro Rider

The Predator will never ever defeat the Z400...never...ever. in fact from what i can tell it looks a little tippy. if they plan on beating the Z they better go back to the drawing board...or?

they better start increasing their advertising with DW...GregV i thought i cleared you up on this...there's only on vaccine for yellow fever...DW advertising

Quick Reply: Vaccine For YELLOW FEVER