Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Best Raptor Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend wants to get a pipe. What do you guys find to be the best pipe for the raptor?

Old 08-07-2002, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man, I don't have a Raptor quite yet, but I've been doing some reading on these posts about Raptor pipes, and Yoshimura, Curtis Sparxx, and Trinity all seem to be top of the line. For me, I will be looking for a Yoshimura.

Old 08-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

The above mentioned pipes are all good. I would also look into the Bill's Pipe (or Mr. Bill's Pipe as 14mins calls it, LOL). I've had three different pipes on my machine and my Bill's Pipe proved best of the 3 on the Dyno.

Old 08-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

I can't speak from experience since I've only had one pipe on mine, but I have the DMC and I love it. It's a wheeling SOB now. When it was stock I had to lean back a bit to get the front tires up in 2nd. New found power through the whole powerband. I have a lot more power over stock. Out of 3 runs on the dyno, the average hp was 48.7. BUT, it was run on a motorcycle dyno, so the readings aren't exact. I wasn't using the dyno for hp readings really anyway, but for getting the jetting spot on. It's loud after about 2/3 throttle. I won't buy the yoshi pipe just because dirt wheels said it's the "one they would choose", so I figured it can't be very good. I live in california, so on public lands your DB can't go above 101, the DMC I have is 103 wide open. Haven't had any complaints yet. I had thought about the trinity pipe, but when I called I got someone who said they would check, put me on hold, then someone else accidentally picked up the phone, so I asked them the same question, and he gave me an estimate of 105-108 db. I don't think that's right, but didn't feel like dealing with them after being run around on the phone, and then getting what I think is probably incorrect information, so I went with the DMC.

Old 08-08-2002, 11:10 AM
Pro Rider

I use the CT kit and love it. Look around this site some more and do some searches. You will see the endless debate. One thing to keep in mind, a pipe alone will not make much of a difference. If possible, remove the lid, get a better filter setup, and re-jet. All the instructions and discussions are on this site.

The Yosh is also a great pipe in my opinion. It is supposed to be very quiet as well. Another friend of mine just got a Raptor, and this is the pipe he will use. When I see it, and get a chance to race him, I will post the results. But it may not be for a while. Dude is on his honeymoon.....

RM

Old 08-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

Try out the White Bros. E or R series I like mine alot, and it comes with a stainless steel head pipe. Not sure how loud it is though.

Old 08-12-2002, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

Look into LRD and they have the full pipe for the Raptor.
I have on mine my bike and it really rock. Over the Dunefest weekend (first part of Aug), I talk the peoples of LRD and they had the dyno jet that made for the pipe only. I bought it and a few day later I put it in. The jetting is spot on. It give my bike a more crisp,quick throttle response. Even my friend rode the bike on the beach and told me he crank it up got up to 65 mph on 4th gear and it still pulling strong. He start run out of room before he hit 5th gear.
I am sure it will hit 80 easily on desert terrian. The engine is still stock except the cam is from WB and it all around cam.

I really like the LRD pipe alot, before that I used to have WB E-serie pipe and didn't like it at all. It made a big different over the WB pipe.

Old 08-13-2002, 01:07 AM
Range Rover

velocityraptor what pipes did you have on your rapter

Old 08-13-2002, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider

we are at 4000' altitude, so tuning can be a trick, and the advice from DIRTWHEELS is USELESS.
i ended up with airbox mods, and a slip on FMF powercore4sa, and it works great. beat my kid's full Yoshi setup three times in a row in a drag race!, and the FMF is not so raspy sounding. and yes, all other factors are equal....
but fun is the key, so buy what ya like, be it looks or whatever. there are so many variables.....study up! and have fun!

Old 08-13-2002, 12:12 PM
Elite Pro Rider

He should get the one you like the looks of! LOL....just kidding. Seriously though, any pipe seems too wake the Raptor up with proper jetting.