Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Any of you guys from Missouri?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride frequently at St Joe State Park. The Dept of Natural Resources have really made the park less exciting. They have filled in, graded, and basically just done away with the natural washouts that were fun to climb. If you're into drag racing, cruising the sand, or woods riding then you'll like it. There aren't any challenging hill climbs or any major jumps.

WarriorMadness, do you live right along Hwy 61 in Lux? I work for the railroad that runs through there. Seems like I have seen a Warrior at the house just north of the Texaco station. Would that happen to be you?

Daren

Old 08-09-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Daren thats the town, no thats not my Warrior I have a white one. I really dont know that guy. Yeah think we have had a few deaths on those tracks recently. Thats cool I see the train stopped there at texaco sometimes at night. Is that you?

Old 08-09-2002, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider

Unfortunately, I was on board the train that killed the 19 year old male a few months ago. It was on Calhoun St (Texaco) where he ran out in front of us. Those are some of the worst crossings that we have to go over.

Anyways, we stop there sometimes to grab a bite to eat. It is just a convenient place to stop when we are heading north or if we have to pick up some empty rock cars from Delta Asphalt. Lately though, we have been stopping at Bassett Cafe.

There are several train crews that stop there, so I would say the chance of it being me is probably 1 in 20. Maybe sometime I'll see you there.

Some friends and I might try to hit the river bank around Caruthersville in the near future. I would try to let you know when if you would be interested.

Daren

Old 08-09-2002, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Hey Daren we need to have our own version of fourstroke and 2stroke wars at St Joes. This would be cool. Then we could send some reps for our state to the one on MLK week out west. Now all we need is a date and a few fast bikes.

J Ross

Old 08-09-2002, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah i am only about 45 min. from those sandbars in Caruthersville. Drove past them yesterday, you can get accross to them on the southside of the 155 bridge. email me when you want to go I am home on the weekends. Got some friends who will go.

Old 08-09-2002, 02:13 AM
Pro Rider

Jeff,

I nominate you to be our 4 stroke representative. No question. However, I wouldn't be ready to participate until next year. I have to speed up my Banshee (just a little) so that it would be a worthy opponent.

You and Faron should consider going to Little Sahara next year. We are planning to go on Memorial Day Weekend. If there is a date that we could all go, that would be awesome! Let me know.

WarriorMadness,

I work on call, weekends included. Maybe the next time that my off days hit on the weekend I'll be able to head down there. I'll let you know.

Daren

Old 08-09-2002, 09:48 AM
Pro Rider

I live about an hour South of St. Louis. About 20 minutes from St. Joes. I ride there every other weekend at least. I have yet to make it to any other riding areas. I second the motion to set a date for all the MO members to get together!!

Old 08-09-2002, 08:09 PM
Trailblazer

That would be cool if we could get some of the Mo members together sometime. Are any of you guys ever around Fulton, Mo? There's a pretty cool place there to ride. It's a campground called Camp Potawatami. It has 240 acres of trails, a few mud pits, an oval track, and a pretty nice MX track. I can't go to far right now, I've got a baby on the way in a couple weeks. If any of you are ever around the Jefferson City/Fulton area let me know. later

Old 08-09-2002, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer

hey, that idea about the riders getting together would be good. i have one question have any of you heard about the new mx track in rolla. just wondering if it was real.
thanks, Alexi

Old 08-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

I think a two stroke and four stroke Missouri version of the "wars" would be a very exciting and successful event. I for one would be willing to help set the thing up. I think if we post on the right club sights we could have a turn out of well over a hundred participating quads no problem. Let's kick this around some more. Classes?
stock
modified airbox/exhaust
modified internal
turbo
?

Quick Reply: Any of you guys from Missouri?