Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

worst part of trail riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just came in from out in the garage pressure washing the raptor[and the wifes 400ex]. Took approx. 2hrs to clean both, and they still aren,t clean. Its been raining here now for a couple of weeks so the distance I can cover in 1 hour when its dry now takes 3 hours. My water bill sucks.

Old 08-12-2002, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah I don't like spider webs at all I just went through one earlier today and it gave me the ******* so I had to stop and take it off.

Old 08-12-2002, 07:52 PM
Trailblazer

the dust and blind corners are the think i hate worst about trail riding. however riding at night in the snow cutting through all the farmers fields and riding at some gravel pits. but getting stuck in a ditch with open water really sucked but other than that it was an fun experience for me

Old 08-12-2002, 08:11 PM
Range Rover

How about when you get a bug in your ear while riding. That drives me nuts.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yes i dont like getting bugs in my helmet ear mouth eye you name it especially not bees!!!
slowride1, the old tracks are they like gravel some places quite high of the ground???thats whats around here. well i hate coming on those corners cuz every one goes full speed and i no how you feel about ppl putting rocks wire n sh*t well "what goes around comes around" and i hate when ppl put garbage right on the trail like glass and stuff or when they try to block of your trail

Old 08-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Cruising through our local mountain trails, hitting a rock that sends you up and emabankment, trying to correct it turning down, back onto the trail and slamming into a bigger rock that spins you around the opposite way and rolling you once, down a slight hill into some pointy bushes with rocks under them that you land on. Oh yeah, being stuck under the quad with gas coming out, hoping it doesn't ignite. Once you remove yourself from under the heavy azz quad (Bomb) you try and roll it back over on its wheels, uphill. It doesn't work. Then you stand there, quad upside down, out of breath, waiting for your slow azz brother on his Raptor (me) who's trying to get used to his new twist throttle to come along and help turn your quad back over.

Old 08-12-2002, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

was it a DS you were trying to flip over? they are quite heavy

Old 08-12-2002, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, my brothers DS. I strolled up and he was off in the bushes. The funny part to me was, as I was coming up to the scene, I saw a quad over on its side in the bushes, I thought dang someone fliped over. Where is my brother? He was in front of me and he surly would have stopped to help this guy out. Then as I got there I realized it was my brother. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Pro Rider

the worst part of trial riding is wishing you are at the DUNES!!!!

Old 08-12-2002, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider

Cleaning up the mud, (BUT getting it dirty was a BLAST) and idiots that blast around blind corners and bounce off you.

Quick Reply: worst part of trail riding?