Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

worst part of trail riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2002 | 02:09 PM
Range Rover

i hate when you are following a pack of guys up a hill and someone decides to stop at the top and you have to stop on the hillside you are climbing. i also hate when you go down a hill thinking it is a good idea and when at the bottom you realise you are screwed as far as getting back up or when you ramp and some guy thinks it is good idea to pass in front of you like you can stop for him or something in the air.when you are climbing a big hill and you hit something that bucks you and your thumb slips off the throttle. or when you can do a trick really well but when your friends are there you can't seem to do it anymore. Its all good though thats what keeps us going back for more.

Old 08-13-2002 | 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

hmmmm..... I hate when you go somewhere, and all the trails have been nicely trimmed back, and you slide around this big wide corner, and the person who made the trails left a tree stump in the middle of the turn, sticking about 8in above the ground,and you swerve to miss it, hit a tree, and fly over the handlebars.

I also hate it when you are minding your own business, and a guy in a big truck tries to chase you down. Does he really think he's going to catch me? I don't give a **** if I woke up his sleeping mother at 2:00 in the morning, I'm alowed to be on the property.

When you go out for a trail ride, and find the hole place fenced off.

when you get a spark plug wet, and have to sit, and wait for it to dry off.

Old 08-13-2002 | 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

When you are going down a steep hill, and the guy in front of you decides to stop at the bottom.

When you are in tight, twisty trails, and you finally see a large open field, to speed down, and the guy in front of you is riding a 325 trailboss, and stops in the middle of the field to take a ****

Old 08-13-2002 | 05:00 PM
Range Rover

uhm well, i hate it when i take off the the quads for a long trail ride after the quads have been prepped for a long ride (gas, oil, water tools) and 1/4 of the ways through it i forget my damn Lighter! ;>(

Old 08-13-2002 | 05:00 PM
Range Rover

When you are running with some friends down a gravel trail and you get hit with a good sized rock in the helmat, goggles, chest, hand and it damn near knocks you off your quad caus it's moving so fast. it leaves a nasty mark.

or

there is a not so steep hill with a 3 foot cliff at the bottom and you friend talks you in to rolling down it slow then weeling off the cliff. but when you go to weelie the tires just spin (cause it rained earlier that day) and instead of pulling off the baddest *** most tricked out move of the day you pick up speed nose dive off the cliff get thrown over the handle bars face first into the ground and your visor sticks into the ground on your new helmet and breaks as you finish the fall. and your quad gets weged in between the clif and the mud it dug in to and it takes 30 min to get out. what can i say im a dumd *** and it was my second time out.

Old 08-13-2002 | 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Hit the nail eman with the lighter. OH GLOOM.

Old 08-13-2002 | 09:51 PM
Range Rover

trees

Old 08-13-2002 | 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Stumps, big freakin' stumps that hide under leaves!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 08-13-2002 | 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Low hanging tree branches, when your looking back for a slow buddy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2002 | 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

upnort/eman: Yes oh yes...the lighter...broken tobacco products would be next.

Quick Reply: worst part of trail riding?