Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Need a 28ft toy hauler!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2002, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody have any input on witch brand holds up the best. I'm new at the toy hauler thing and all input would be much appreciated!

Old 09-03-2002, 05:27 PM
Pro Rider

Being from the dragrace world I prefer either Haulmark or Pace trailers. But at 28 foot long you had better buy a Diesel to tow it with. Besides you can have fun with the Diesel blowing off ricers when your not towing the trailer. You ever see 750 foot pounds of torque launch off the line with the 4X4 engaged. LOL It's unforgetable. 1.89 60 foot times. My race car only goes high 1.5s in the 60'.

Old 09-03-2002, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry guy's I need the type that hauls atv's in the back with living quarters in the front.

Old 09-03-2002, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I'd go Weekend Warrior myself, nows the time to buy one.
Weekend Warrior Website

Remember, go with the 5500 gen and 36 gal fuel station, That way you have plenty of gas for your bike and gen if there is no hook up. Mine is the FS3000, front sleeper 30', it says it will sleep 8 ,2 front quuen, 2 upper queen rear,2 floor under queen ,2 couchs 1 per couch. To be honest 6 is more comfortable. I fit all my quads in my sig in my trailor FYI.

Michael

Old 09-03-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

I've been looking at these toy haulers far too long. There is one called a Hornet, I think by Damon, with a separate garage, front sleeper, real nice, but heavy. Weekend Warrior has some new "Super Lites" that look interesting, as well as the "garage" models you are looking for. The Weekend Warrior garage model has a swing up door that still lets you put extra quads into the living area. Extreme by Kit has some interesting stuff, but a crappy website that's hard to get the right info out of, and they seem to be a little pricey. Rage'n look pretty good, even the starcraft "star-shuttle". Do a search, there's a lot out there, but none of them really has the right combination of features and price. I have also considered the Haulmark with amenities route. The V-track snowmobile hauler is pretty cool, with no wheelwells means side by side quads, (Extreme have no wheelwells either). [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

while i dont know too much about toy haulers, i do know about camper makers. i would recommend going with a fleetwood make( prowler, terry, wilderness, colman, so on...) there are 160 differant makes of campers out there, and fleetwood is by far the largest. this is important becouse they dedicate 10 million a year to design alone. while 99% of the other companys dont spend that much total, including building. they have benifits with all types of campers that go more than just cosmetics. like routing the gas line. or the fact that they all use total fuse systems like in your home. rubber roofs standard, not optional. 2 year warrenty that covers everything including light bulbs. i own a prowler, and can tell you that this camper has been completly flawless!!! everyone who i have spoken with say the same about fleetwood makes also.
good luck, and i hope i helped

my pictures

Old 09-03-2002, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

Look into TAHOE models. They really have nice trailers.

Old 09-03-2002, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider

There's a used one for sale in CA on another board I frequent that's pretty well equipped. Check HERE for the details. The on-board generator is also a must have for MX/trail riding. I have a 22' model w/o one and it's the one option I really miss. I don't know how far this guy is from Vegas, but it's a pretty sweet deal.

Old 09-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

I have a friend who has a Terry and I bought a 21ft Thor Tahoe Transport in April. We bought the Tahoe b/c it had a great layout with the kitchen and the quality looked better than the Terrys.

After 5 months and 8 trips the quality of the Tahoe or any entry-level toy hauler seems to be low. I have had to recaulk many of the exterior seems, I have a wall that is bowing out on the inside, the LP gas valve broke, and some trim is falling off the ceiling. I fixed the caulking myself and the warranty will or has covered everything else.

It may just be that I want a 21 foot trailer built like a car but only cost 16K.

In the end I am glad I bought the Tahoe, it looks good, the floor plan is great, our friend who tent spend a lot of time in our trailer when we camp, and we have had 8 great trips.

One more thing I tow the trailer with 100 gallons of water and one 4X4 quad which puts the trailer weight close to 8000 lbs. My GM truck with 285 hp struggles to pull it at elevations above 3000 ft.

Old 09-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Pro Rider

SouthWest Expressline has car haulers with living quaters. They are lighter & cheaper than a Toy Hauler but the living quaters are not as elaborate.

Quick Reply: Need a 28ft toy hauler!