Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

700 Kawi rumor!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just heard from a dealer that there is a possible Kawasaki 700 V twin engine sports quad comming out soon. Has anyone else heard this? If so this would be awesome!! I love seeing the sports quad industry in such a boom!!!

Old 09-05-2002, 04:48 PM
Range Rover

Suzuki is now making quads for Kawi. if so Zuk will have the twin.

Old 09-05-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

A couple months ago, the mags had spy pics of a big bore, sport Kawasaki quad. I've wondered what happened to it since Suzuki is making their quads now.

Old 09-05-2002, 05:40 PM
Range Rover

DW spy photos revealed a bike with 400ex rear plastic and banshee front plastic. Unmistakable was the dual mufflers on either side of the rear grab bar. The spy said that it was a manual shift withr everse and the motor appeared to be derived from the 650 prairie. It will be fast but heavy.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

its funny cause if suzuki is making all their quads all the 03 quads with the exception of the little ones and Z400(KFX) are all unmistakenly all KAwi made on my showroom floor. Untill they all have an "S" as their second letter in the VIN I wont buy that (like the KFX400 and small quads)

waht Kawi should do is put a KLR650 engine in a quad, but with reverse. go ahead shun my proposition but its a big bore 4 stroke with plenty of power and lots of reliablity.

Hell if they wanted to there would be a Mojave and a KX500 motor in it already.

Old 09-06-2002, 02:14 AM
ben
Trailblazer

i don't see why will they do that,they have the 650 which is a very good engine.but, again the market for atv is getting real good,making the companies to do some homework and keeping fourwheelers below the the $6,000.

Old 09-06-2002, 07:15 AM
Pro Rider

I think that the 650 twin would be an awesome engine in a sport quad. Come their 2nd or 3rd year of production, and I'd find a home for one in my garage.

Old 09-06-2002, 08:09 AM
Pro Rider

The dealer that I heard this from told me like this...

The 400 engine that is in the Z and in the new KFX was a Suzuki engine that Kawasaki used. Then they are comming out with the 650 that is a Kawasaki engine that Suzuki will also have a version of just like they shared the 400, BUT, the thing is Kawasaki is producing the V twin 700 on their own and Suzuki will NOT have a version of this bike.

This is the way that I heard it I have no idea how much weight to put in it but the dealer had just heard of it that morning and was telling us about it.

I do know one thing that is if Suzuki and Kawasaki are doing all of these joint ventures on bikes and then Kawasaki comes out with a sports quad that will out run the 650 and they dont share with Suzuki one would think that would be the end of their joint ventures together [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-06-2002, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

How in the heck would a dealer know? From my experiance they know less than we do 90% of the time. Manufactures dont release any more info to the dealers than they do us.

Old 09-06-2002, 02:52 PM
Pro Rider

HI GUY'S;
I believe Kawi is sitting on a pre-production sport quad and just adding the finishing touches.The sport quad market is quite lucrative right now ...and I can't imagine Kawi sitting on their behinds much longer. They have a sport-ute quad(P650) that rivals many sport quads in it's acceleration. So why not drop that monster of an engine in a sport frame. It will be a monster make no mistake...but 700cc's ?...I see no reason for that... the p650 is a very resticted beast believe it or not. The air intake is so small, it's a wonder it runs at all,the cams are apparently disgustingly mild, and the C.D.I retards the timing alot past 5000rpm's so no real scary speeds are achievable. Leave it at 633cc's, it's v-twin configuration and low centre of gravity make this a sport quad's dream engine. Just open it up a little and let it flex it's hidden muscle and it will ABSOLUTELY EAT ANYTHING on the market. It's a weapon now at it's current 604lbs...just imagine it at 400lbs!! Incidently...FST has a bored out P650 to 800cc's and they raced it against the modified utility class up a ski-slope and it pulled 30yards on them!!! That has got to be frightening! More people are adding minor mods to their P650's and are posting quicker drag times that all the sport quads in stock form are getting.A guy on the Kawi forum has posted his times with each new mod he adds...so far he has Bigger air intake,clutch spring,pipe,and a K&N filter, no jetting yet...his 125yard times are faster than Any STOCK Sport quads 100yard times!!! That engine, boy's and girl's will make it's way into a sport quad make no mistake...and when it do it will be THE BEAST of ALL BEAST'S.

ROB

Quick Reply: 700 Kawi rumor!!!!