Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Everyone check this out Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greg Bakker (possibly the best TT racer ever) will be giving a riding and setup school the 28th and 29th of September at Twin Creeks Raceway near Greenbrier, AR. Greenbrier is North of Conway, AR. The Twin Creeks Raceway web site is www.members.tripod.com/tbone72058/
For more information contact Mark Johnson at Johnson ATV. Phone number is 501-729-4956. He is sponsoring the riding school. Mark can tell you the cost for a rider and the cost for a mechanic to go thru the course.
Saturday night will be the races and Greg Bakker will race also. Others that will be there, going to the school and racing are Keith Little, Brad Covington, Jathan Seale and many more.
If you would like to learn a few tricks on riding and setup, please come to the school and then race Saturday night. If you do not want to go to the school the just come and race Saturday night. I assure you the competition will be great.
Thanks ArkRaptor

Old 09-06-2002, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just curious. Anyone interested? Anyone thinking about going?
Thanks,
ArkRaptor

Old 09-06-2002, 09:18 AM
Weekend Warrior

The starting line at Twin Peaks Raceway is paved ant the straight away I am told is over 600 ft. long with the first turn a sweeper.
ArkRaptor

Old 09-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Weekend Warrior

Mark Krotky from Texas will be racing there on the 29th. Chris Bartholomew from Oklahoma will probably be racing also.
It sure would be nice to have a few Raptors and Banshees there also. Anyone think they can compete?
ArkRaptor

Old 09-07-2002, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have had no comments. Is anyone interested?
ArkRaptor

Old 09-08-2002, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

I race the Nationals with these guys and the fun should be top notch.
I would be there but I'm moving that weekend.
They are going to have a lot of other stuff to go along with it.
The school should be one of the best.

Old 09-09-2002, 04:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok guys. Where are all the powerful Rqptors and Banshees. I haven't got a taker yet. Surely some of you would like to sharpen up yor skills a little and to show of those powerful engines.
ArkRaptor

Old 09-09-2002, 11:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

I keep bringing this back to the top hoping people will see this and be interested but only 1 reply so far.
ArkRaptor

Old 09-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It sounds like it would be fun. I would love to come but my bike is tore down for some polishing stuff right now. I don't think it will be back together by then. Is this place somewhere you ride often? How much riding do you have up there?

Old 09-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just play around with it in the backyard. I did race a little last year a Greenbrier but have not raced this year since Tulsa. I an 45 years old. My daughter's fiance (Ralph Oglesby) races a 250r (FTZ or Bullet Motorsports) in a full Roll Design Chassis. So far we have been unable to get the Raptor to handle anywhere near his. I decided to completely change everything on the Raptor and have been waiting on parts most of the year. I now have all the parts in and Sparks has sent the cylinder and piston back. The head is not finished I learned today. Maybe by Friday. Then everything goes to HPC and within 2 to 3 wks maybe it will be ready to be put together. I was trying to get it to where it would be competitive in Open Pro for Ralph to ride once in a while. He has a Sparks power valve ordered also. There are several good riders at Greenbrier. Keith Little is there most of the time and sometimes his brother. Mark Krotky from Texas, Chris Bartholomew, Brad Covington, Jathon Seale, Ralph, and a couple riding banshees from Texas and Oklahoma I think. That is usually the pro class and usually they end up lined up right behind one another at the end. The track is pretty nice with a long straight (600 plus feet I hear but never measured)and paved starting line. You should come sometime. There are several classes with a lot of competition. You can look at the post I started and get the web site and directions.
Later,
ArkRaptor