Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Lid or not to Lid

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002 | 01:09 AM
|
Pro Rider

TOID- To be honest the guy that did my motor mixed up 5gallons of 91oct with 4oz of this additive. I belive it's put out by Klotz I will verify for you tommorrow!

Old 09-11-2002 | 01:18 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks! At about what octane do you think it averages out at after the mixture??

Old 09-11-2002 | 01:20 AM
|
Pro Rider

Approx. 95-96[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2002 | 11:09 AM
Pro Rider

BTW peeps, anyone that may be interested.... I have a stock style K&N air filter that is yours just for the cost to ship it to you! Any of you guys out there still with the stock air filter that would like the K&N replacement? It is in VERY good condition! It even comes with an outerwear protector.

I will need to find a way to salvage the rubber flange/seal that is mounted to the inside of the airbox at the intakes. Anyone have ideas on this prob? If it can not be salvaged, you will have to make a seal for it. It should not be that difficult to fabricate one (or buy one from K&N?).

(edit) You can not run an open airbox with this filter. The lid needs to be in place to retain the filter's position.

Takers?

"TOID"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-11-2002 | 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

No lid rules but does cause low end turbulence but as long as you are jetted correctly you won't notice it when riding. You may notice it when revving the engine in idle. Bottom line is when you run without the lid & jet the mains up around 160-170 range she rips from 1/2-full throttle like never before. I am about to try the 11:1 piston & Hotcam so if it improves performance & also reduces the turbulence problem then let the good times roll....
I'm not sure whether to get the race cam or mild cam from Hotcams though?