Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

One Week, Who's Going? Darren Naccarato Memorial at MX338

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2002, 10:32 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With just one week to go, was trying to get a feel for the turnout. Was wonder how many of you guys had plans to attend. Jeremiah Jones is now supposed to be on the list.
Get your machines turned up and be ready to ride!

Old 09-22-2002, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

im goin my pops knew him....well at least i think he did oh well count me in

Old 09-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Range Rover

damn straight my friend....i tore my raptor all down...greased all the bearings....got the jetting perfectly dailed in...hehe (finally)...and i am ready...i been doing to running last week and this week...so i shouldn't be too outta shape....i know that track is going to kill us all...if the number of quads show up as predicted.....MOTOX-338 (southwick) is going to put a huge beating on all of us....the racers with lesser suspensions are going to experience what 4-5 whoops at high speed is like....hope they can handle going over the bars....hehehe......raptorguy....i am going up on saturday to watch the pros...and do so meeten greeten....would like to get a first hand feel for a pro setup....let me know if you are interested....we could meet up......saturday is going to be just a visit....i am going to bring the raptor up on sunday morning early........was considering camping but i live so close......and i like my bed.......hehe...drop a line and let me know....

herbdon.......

Old 09-23-2002, 08:13 AM
Range Rover

I will be there as well. Can't wait. Going up saturday morning and hanging out all weekend. Should be a fun time for all. I see that they are raising the price at the gate those bums...lol.. well hope to see you guys there..

Old 09-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Range Rover

I hear you about the gate fee. Don't understand why they are raising it, its gonna disappoint quite a few.
Herbdon, ya I've been doing the running thing. Talked to a guy the other day who is on the board for neatv and said that there was a project 400-500 quads. Track conditions are gonna plain suck!! Its gonna beat you and your machine. Trying to finish up my prep. Going to K&K on Wed. to pick up a new set of rear treads. Blew the bead on one of my last week and has been leaking ever since. Not going to DNF because of a leaking bead!!
I also bet its gonna be qualifier city. Better get a good start, because it'll be short qualifiers to run all the machines. Top ten or go home probably.
I'll be up there on Sat. too, gonna bring the trailer up and mark off a spot. We'll probably catch you there. Good luck guys,

Old 09-24-2002, 08:33 PM
Range Rover

man! am i the only one from ny goin....sucks about the gate fee but hopefully it goes to that cancer fund darren started.

Old 09-25-2002, 07:28 AM
Range Rover

Just a word of warning to all... This weekend is also the last weekend of "The Big E" (large state fair) the big E

If any of you that are coming from the east(boston area), South(connecicut) or North(vermont/new hampshire) You may want to leave a little earlier or plan a different route. The big E is located in West Springfield and will have most main roads backed up w/ traffic. I91 north from Ct to Mass was dead stopped parking lot traffic last weekend. Thats approximatly 5 miles of 3 lane traffic!

If anyone coming from any one of those areas would like a better route to the track let me know. There are a few alternate routes that will avoid the high traffic areas. I'll be attending but I wont be racing. I heard that Keith Little will be there... not sure about any other pros as of right now though

Mp350

Old 09-25-2002, 10:44 AM
Range Rover

Riderraptor420, i guarantee you won't be the only one from NY there! Even if you are we're all friends.
In reference to what b370 about The Big E, I have to go through the 91 and 90 interchange for work everyday and it hasn't been that bad. As long as you get through early. Sign up ends at 9:00 so you shouldn't be any later than that if you're a rider. If you can though, come up on
Rt 57 and you'll breeze right through.
Last thing, bring your raincoats possibly. It could get real ugly. That's gonna suck for the promoters and everyone, so pray for no hurricane.

good luck guys