Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

It only took 1 year and 3 mos

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 08:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me to crash on my Raptor. Came off a small jump yesterday. One I've been on several times. My left foot slipped off the peg, causeing me to lean to the left, causeing the quad to turn to the right slightly, at the same time as all that my leg went under the left rear tire taking the left stock heel guard with me wedging it behind the inside of the wheel. Once that happened it was an instant flip, slamming me into the dirt road with the quad landing on top of me and then continuing on for another roll before resting on its feet near the edge of a hill nestled between some good size rocks. one more roll and down the hill it would have went.

I know, nerf bars and that would haven't happened. Its not the first time my foot has slipped off but this is the first to cause a crash. I was going probably 20 mph or so.

Left foot and leg bruized and a bit sore. Left hip very sore and possible fracture. Haven't been to the doctor, probably won't go. Left shoulder front and back bruized and a bit sore.

Quads handlebars bent, left heel guard mangled and bent especialy after I removed some screws and my brother took a big stick and bent it from behind the inside of the wheel to be able to get back to the trucks. Left rear fender bracket bent.

All in all quite a lucky day for me and my quad. Minimal damage to both. Yes I had a helmet on for those that think its not nessessary I slammed my head on the ground as well but no injurys there. My head injurys have always been present because I haven't bought nerf bars yet. Trust me they are a top priority now.

Old 09-29-2002, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

a pelvic fracture is one break that is hard to detect without an x-ray. it is also very deadly. you can internally bleed to death without knowing anything is going on. you should get it checked out.

Old 09-29-2002, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Your right, it's on the upper left side on the backside of the hip. If it's persistent then I will get xrays tomorrow or Tuesday. I feel better than I did last night. I can get up and move around. Standing, walking, sitting, or lying down isn't a real problem. Just getting up or getting down. I'll see how the next day or two goes. Thanks for the concern.

Old 09-29-2002, 08:53 PM
Range Rover

I go and buy nerf bars now, my feet always are slipping of the crappy pegs on my warrior!

Old 09-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Range Rover

took me 6 months to get hit by a car [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 09-29-2002, 09:24 PM
Pro Rider

wshrdskin...best over-the-counter remedies for you're pain are asprin (I have the best luck with BC powder or Goodies) it has the analgesic action to reduce swelling and inflamation...take it three or four times a day for 3 to 5 days...and take an Epsome saltz bath (unless you have high-blood pressure) hot as you can stand it...no I'm not a doctor...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...and since I'm am accident prone these are the things I rely on! Hope you feel better soon...

later

Old 09-29-2002, 09:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMAO. Maybe all I need to do is stay at a holiday inn. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] That was great. Thanks for the tips. LOL

Old 09-29-2002, 11:33 PM
Pro Rider

i'm not a doctor either but asprin acts as a blood thinner so if you are hurt worse than you think, internal bleeding, it will speed up your death. sleep tight.

Old 09-29-2002, 11:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 09-30-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I was at the race track one day and landed wrong from a jump where i went over the handle bars at about 40 mph. It hurt like hell but i was able to load the quad and make it home. I thought i would play the tough guy and not go to the doctor. My parents talked me into going and I found out i had a broken rib and two sliped disc in my back. It took several months to completely heal. I can tell you that sometimes you can be severly hurt and not know it. You won't regret going to the doctor.

Quick Reply: It only took 1 year and 3 mos