Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I Crashed Hard

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Crashed Hard

Well here I am typing with one hand because my left arm is in a sling. I crashed hard last night. Had to go to the ER for X-rays. I got a sprained right thumb, bruised ribs, bruised hip and dislocated left shoulder. Man I hurt. I was flying down an unfamiliar dirt road and went into an off camber downhill left turn hoping to slide her sideways but it didn't work that way. I had it on three wheels and the right front shock must have been fully compressed when I hit the ditch on the outside of the turn. When I knew I wasn't going to make it I tried go through the ditch but I think I hit a big rock that launched me like superman. Ouch! Thank God I was wearing a helmet and body armor. I'm glad my friends were there to help me out too. My Raptor didn't make out too bad I don't think. Mangled rear bumper, possible bent steering shaft, broken switches on the left handlebar, and a bent right front wheel. Well if there is one thing that I can tell you guys is that if you drive like a nut like I do and put a pipe on your Rappy. You should also upgrade your suspension. If I had some good front shocks I think I would have made that turn. Also always wear your helmet and I recommend some body armor. My girlfriend was really good about the whole thing too. Ride on brothers. It may be a few months before I can.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-10-2002, 01:10 PM
Range Rover
Default I Crashed Hard

ouch man! glad to hear you are alright.

I wiped out this weekend for my first time. I was trying to throw some dirt on a buddy and whipped the rear around at about 35mph, and she just hooked up and tossed me over the handlebars. I did a complete flip and landed on my butt/back and my quad just flipped end over end 2-3 times. I was fine, but I bent my handlebars, rear grab bar, and now my seat doesn't sit on it right like it's supposed to. HUGE gap btw the seat thand the plastics.

Old 10-10-2002, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

Ouch!!!!!!!
And another ouch!!!!!!

Old 10-10-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

wow u guys got it bad...get well soon
thats one thing that i hate...when u crash the quad is never the same. I dunno, just my experience.

Old 10-10-2002, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

unfamiliar road ???? weren't you just on that road saturday ? or did we forget about the dead body parts those sheriffs and d.e.c. were lookin for ... dude you were flying !!!when you hit the ground, you bounced twice. wow ,heal fast boss, we got a lot of riding to do.. and my 03 is still a virgin. by the way, your LE is starting to look like a $2.00 hooker[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] man. she's had some hard miles put on her. hehehehehe

Old 10-11-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

look on ebay at the recked rappy is that yours or is yours worse

Old 10-11-2002, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

It could be worse, look at my pics in my sig. Those are my back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] the quad was fine after a new sub frame and stearing stem) I also had 7 broken ribs and a broken cheek bone. I'm outa work till i get better, they say dec or jan. Thank god i work for the gov't (good health insurance) or i'd be outta luck!

Old 10-11-2002, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

D@mn!!

Old 10-11-2002, 05:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default I Crashed Hard

Nice one ARMOKS or should I say Robocop.

Good to know that Im not the only victum out there.

Busted up X-rays

Old 10-11-2002, 10:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default I Crashed Hard

I got lucky when I crashed my 01 warrior.I was in 5th doing who knows what be it was screaming wide open and all the sudden the dam tree came out of know where I tell ya! hehehe. I tried to avoid it but then the back end fishtailed smack into it. I jumped off and rolled cause I saw it coming. quad didn't get so lucky. Bent axle so bad the right wheel was on the left side,also bent swingarm to the left, bent the rim,steering shaft and a tie-rod. took me 8 weeks to get it fixed and about $1200.00 smacks. has new durablue eliminator axle, LSR chrome steeringstem, new swingarmed chromed. New renthal bars, and ITP .190 rims in the back.

Quick Reply: I Crashed Hard