Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Must Read: Stang SVT abused by mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Must Read: Stang SVT abused by mechanic

i worked for auto dealerships for 10 years as a tech.i can gaurantee 80% of the performance type cars and trucks are run very hard the fist 10 miles.all new vehicles are required to have a pre delivery inspection and most dealers want them test drove atleast 5 miles.when the tech gets flat rate pay to do all this in 1.3 hours usually the driving part is done as quick as possible.

Old 10-12-2002, 05:06 PM
Range Rover

Doesnt matter if you like it or not, or if your to close minded.if you have a vehicle (having a sports car 110% more chance it happened) somewhere down the line where it got made, then on a train/truck and finally delivered to the dealer. In all that time beforyou get it, lots of people has drove yourcar and has drove it HARD especially if its a sports car. In my job I see people drive hard cars day in and day out, I even do it...pending on what car... this is what we do in the time of having to do the job, mostly delivery new/used cars to dealers/from train lots even the gm factory down here in shreveport.

Knowsalot is just telling you how it is, but if your to close minded to think it hasnt happened to you , then wake up.

Old 10-12-2002, 05:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea, the dealerships to this all the time, BEFORE A PRIVATE INDIVIDUAL OWNS IT. What the dealership does to its own car is none of my business, It becomes my business when I own it. If she said she didnt want some punk (apparently like many of the people that are posting on this thread) to drive here car, she meant it. What did the dealership do? Let some punk drive it...

Roostking...

Old 10-13-2002, 01:39 AM
The Facility

Its all good I wouldnt bring my bike to ANY dealership,they are owned and operated my morons, with morons as workers for the most part. If you say it happens so often, what are you doing to stop it"within" the industry, or are you part of the problem?

If she said she didnt want some punk(apparently like many of the people that are posting on this thread) to drive here car, she meant it. What did the dealership do? Let some punk drive it...

LMAO!!!!! I know of one moderator that had better never PM me regarding MY comments.

Great Job!!

No wonder you were previously banned from this forum.

Have a great weekend.

Old 10-13-2002, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I can see things from both KNOWSALOT's and Roostking's points of view...

But what is this about a mod once being banned from the forums?!?

Old 10-13-2002, 02:36 AM
The Facility

I don't know the reason, how long ago it was, or even if he had the same screen name then, but he gave me a lecture almost a year ago about how to conduct myself on the forums and that even he was banned from here at one time for not obeying the rules.

He has had this thing for carefully written trash talk in about every post I have made since that time because I made a comment about him doing his volunteered job as a moderator of the forums. I later apologized openly in the forum, but he still makes remarks when he gets the chance.

He denies this being personal, but why pinpoint me regarding this topic when others have even ADMITED to thrashing other peoples rides in the very topic when I only said that it happens more than people think.

That's the real story and it has nothing to do with the topic here or a joke I made about a V6 Mustang.

I have to say that the comment he made about "many punks posting in this topic" floored me.

Old 10-13-2002, 03:36 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: KNOWSALOT
floored me.
I am changing the tone.

I had a girl[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]( will remain un-named )that floored me when I was 16 years old in a basement of an old house.

I can't get over being floored and still enjoy the floor.

Chet
VP knowsalot Facility

Old 10-13-2002, 05:13 AM
Pro Rider

i'm gonna put my .03$ in here on this again. i'm employed by an automotive parts production factory. some of the lines put out over 10,000 parts ADAY. parts like throttle position sensors. and as we all know your car only has one of these. the idea of someone taking 10,000 cars and trucks and suvs and vans every day and running the crap out of it just to make sure everything is gonna hold up is not true. parts in the factories are individually tested under strict guidlines in a nominal acceptance range.
it's hard for me to still fathom 10,000 cars being sold aday. but the fact is, those 10,000 parts we send out are for only a handful of the cars and trucks chrysler makes. before anyone says "well you have to figure in those parts that aren't any good and make a few extra" it doesn't work like that. the parts you send are expected to be functionally perfect.
nevermind. it's impossible to explain the small window of error in this business. one bad part and there is a backlash from it that few people can fathom.
my point is the trashing of brand new cars to see if they will hold up is done way before millions are spent on putting the first car into production. all the room for error and bugs are extremely exhausted to the best of the manufacturer's ability long before the car is assembled. i'm not saying bad parts don't slip through occasionally. i deal with that occasionally.
if a car is taken from a line of cars at a factory and punished it for specific auditing purposes. not because someone "hey dude, go take that brand new $50,000 escalade and spend the weekend at glamis launching off some dunes and come tell us about it monday." cars that are abused at the factory are done this way when no one is watching and i can assure you isn't done for very long.

Old 10-13-2002, 05:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Here is my change. If I take a bike in to have the handle bars changed and see the guy riding it down the street he, as well as the owner, is going to have alot of explaining to do. If I bring it in to have it jetted or something else that might require riding it hard, then so be it, I am the one that brought it in for that reason.

Chet, I think I met her too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-13-2002, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I was once banned from the forum for for advocating running from the cops on quad.

Anyhow, I didnt really single Knowsalot out, I guess I was just surprised that he would make those comments. He always came across as more professional in regards to customers property. As did others.

Knowsalot, so what do YOU call a person who takes out someone elses ride, be it a 35,000 mustang or a 6000 Raptor and trashes the heck out of it for a weekend. Then posts the adventure on the internet with the vanity plate wording. I call that being a punk, some call it good business practice.

Have a good week.

RoostKing...

Quick Reply: Must Read: Stang SVT abused by mechanic